Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

L1011 wrote: »
    You've been given the answer - because they are never going to call you from a non-withheld number.

You have the way to sort this very, very easily. You refuse to do it. That is being unreasonable.

What answer did you want from this thread?

How many times to I have to explain it to you. They AGREED to call on a number I can see on my phone. They FAILED to do so. How is it unreasonable therefore for me to be suspicious of a call demanding money I pay to someone I know nothing about. Please just explain that.

One they'd provide if you'd ask. Or google it. Reasonable things, rather than unreasonable ones.

A quick search suggests they'll even take online payments, actually.

How very unreasonable in this day & age to request they call me with a number I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

gstack166 wrote: »
    How many times to I have to explain it to you. They AGREED to call on a number I can see on my phone. They FAILED to do so. How is it unreasonable therefore for me to be suspicious of a call demanding money I pay to someone I know nothing about. Please just explain that.

Because you could call them back very, very, simply.

You refuse to do this, hence are being unreasonable.

There is nothing more anyone can do here unless you accept this. You asked for a suggestion, you got the perfect answer and are now running around in circles to refuse to accept it.
    How very unreasonable in this day & age to request they call me with a number I can see.

If they called you with 01 123 4567 displayed, would you be happy? CLID is completely fakeable.

They don't use displayed numbers as, amazingly, people wouldn't answer them.

Because you could call them back very, very, simply.

You refuse to do this, hence are being unreasonable.

There is nothing more anyone can do here unless you accept this. You asked for a suggestion, you got the perfect answer and are now running around in circles to refuse to accept it.

They can get their money very very easily now too. Ring on a number I can see & ill male payments. Please excuse my total & utter unreasonable attitude in this request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

davo10 wrote: »
    The op's phone was provided as part of his contract, are you saying phones are cheaper with PAYG?

Yes.

IPhone 6s is 49 euro up front on RED that's 60pm. On a 24 month contract

60 × 24 + 49 = 1489

Pay as you go

650 + 30 x 24 = 1370

Over all saving of 120 euro.

The OP can't afford to pay his bills. He cannot afford a bill pay contract. So that 120 is presumably better in his pocket.

• Advertisement

They can get their money very very easily now too. Ring on a number I can see & ill male payments. Please excuse my total & utter unreasonable attitude in this request.

So you'll make payments if they call you on a random, faked number?

So you'll make payments if they call you on a random, faked number?

The man that urges me to pay money to a company I owe nothing to (I owe Vodafone) on a private number seems stunned I would pay it to a number that can be faked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What number would this seeing as though they ring constantly on private

The one that was given to you in the thread.
    Or you could google it.
    Or go on their website.
    Or you could answer a private number call and ask them to provide a number for you to call then back on.

4 options. The facts here are you owe money and it's up you to pay it before it becomes any bigger.

The man that urges me to pay money to a company I owe nothing to (I owe Vodafone) on a private number seems stunned I would pay it to a number that can be faked?

You already said you were willing to pay Intrum. That is no longer an issue.

You are now demanding they display a phone number. Considering this can be totally faked, would you pay if it was any random number?

The only way to know you're paying Intrum is to phone Intrum yourself.

Yet you won't pay Vodafone either. You're making excuses to avoid paying anyone.

• Advertisement

That is wrong. You did owe Vodafone you refused to pay and now you're pissed because instrum won't give up so easily. They sold that debt to Instrum it's off their books they won't take payment even if you hand delivered it.

The one that was given to you in the thread.
    Or you could google it.
    Or go on their website.
    Or you could answer a private number call and ask them to provide a number for you to call then back on.

4 options. The facts here are you owe money and it's up you to pay it before it becomes any bigger.

If I owe Vodafone money but they sold it to this crowd then how can it get bigger when I've had no dealings with Intrum or received a service? Intimidation & bullying tactics won't work with me. It's pantently clear some posters on this if don't work for Intrum then have a vested interest in them receiving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Edups wrote: »
    Yes.

IPhone 6s is 49 euro up front on RED that's 60pm. On a 24 month contract

60 × 24 + 49 = 1489

Pay as you go

650 + 30 x 24 = 1370

Over all saving of 120 euro.

The OP can't afford to pay his bills. He cannot afford a bill pay contract. So that 120 is presumably better in his pocket.

Eh, €650 payment? If the op could afford to pay that, why wouldn't he/she be afford to pay his/her bill with Vodafone?

If I owe Vodafone money but they sold it to this crowd then how can it get bigger when I've had no dealings with Intrum or received a service? Intimidation & bullying tactics won't work with me.

Refusing to change their phone policies is not intimidation or bullying.
    It's pantently clear some posters on this if don't work for Intrum then have a vested interest in them receiving money.

That is extremely unlikely and such accusations are not tolerated

Edups wrote: »
    That is wrong. You did owe Vodafone you refused to pay and now you're pissed because instrum won't give up so easily. They sold that debt to Instrum it's off their books they won't take payment even if you hand delivered it.

I never refused anybody anything. Read my post.

Refusing to change their phone policies is not intimidation or bullying.

That is extremely unlikely and such accusations are not tolerated

Extremely unlikely because you say so? Why may I politely ask is it not tolerated to suggest someone has a vested interest in the topic of my post?

You refused to pay as per the terms of your contract with Vodafone. That's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Take some responsibility for yourself OP!

You broke the terms of the contract so the problem is of your own making, but no, you are refusing to take ownership for your own actions.

You can probably even send them a bank draft by post (to interum or Vodafone)and request a written receipt, so you don't even have to talk to them.

Pay your debts and stop whinging.

If I owe Vodafone money but they sold it to this crowd then how can it get bigger when I've had no dealings with Intrum or received a service? Intimidation & bullying tactics won't work with me. It's pantently clear some posters on this if don't work for Intrum then have a vested interest in them receiving money.

A 10 second read of my posts would show that to be untrue.
    You received a service you didn't pay for, they chose to sell the debt on which is in the t&c's you signed.

The logical points you're ignoring would fix your problems very easily....clearly you don't want them to be fixed!!

Extremely unlikely because you say so? Why may I politely ask is it not tolerated to suggest someone has a vested interest in the topic of my post?

Its extremely unlikely because nobody has said anything that even vaguely suggests it. All there has been are people pointing out the logic problems and unreasonableness of your position.

Its not tolerated anywhere on boards.ie; particularly on this forum.

• Advertisement

You refused to pay as per the terms of your contract with Vodafone. That's all that matters.

But my contract with Vodafone is null & void if they've written off the debt to a 3rd party. Vodafone wouldn't accept a payment from me now.

Because when people don't share your opinion, it doesn't mean that they have vested interests. You entered voluntarily into a legal contract and now you are looking for a way out of it. You can't blame posters for not supporting your opinion.

But my contract with Vodafone is null & void if they've written off the debt to a 3rd party. .

I would advise you to read your contract.

You owe Vodafone money. Intrum is their agent for collections, but that doesn't negate the terms of your contract with Vodafone.

As a warning - any further implications of vested interests (without proof) will result in an infraction.

But my contract with Vodafone is null & void if they've written off the debt to a 3rd party. Vodafone wouldn't accept a payment from me now.

A contract isn't null and void when one party chooses to disregard it. Did you read the contract before you agreed to it? I bet it outlines the current predicament you find yourself in.

Get a grip. You're looking for any way to worm your way out of paying your debt otherwise you'd taken the 10 seconds it took me to Google in strums number and paid them or paid vodafone. You're a liar sir and youre just seeking attention at this point.

Because when people don't share your opinion, it doesn't mean that they have vested interests. You entered voluntarily into a legal contract and now you are looking for a way out of it. You can't blame posters for not supporting your opinion.

Looking to receive a phone call off a traceable number is looking for a way out of a contract these days. Give over

Eh, €650 payment? If the op could afford to pay that, why wouldn't he/she be afford to pay his/her bill with Vodafone?

That's irrelevant to what you said. You said bill pay was cheaper. No it is not.

Looking to receive a phone call off a traceable number is looking for a way out of a contract these days. Give over

If this post was posted in isolation, I'd agree with you, but op, you there is a plausible reason for the phone call.

Billpay/PAYG costs are not really relevant to the thread.

• Advertisement

You're a liar sir.

Advertisement