Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

gstack166 wrote: »
    Looking to receive a phone call off a traceable number is looking for a way out of a contract these days. Give over

* You aren't going to get one
    * You can call them yourself on a truly traceable number

If this thread isn't capable of going beyond a circular argument on these points, its over. The answer to the opening question has been given, solidly and repeatedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

L1011 wrote: »
    Billpay/PAYG costs are not really relevant to the thread.

Sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Edups wrote: »
    You're a liar sir.

You know nothing about me to suggest that. Not that it matters but I couldn't give a ****e about your opinion on my character but thanks for offering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Billpay/PAYG costs are not really relevant to the thread.

Sorry.

You know nothing about me to suggest that. Not that it matters but I couldn't give a ****e about your opinion on my character but thanks for offering it.

I know you're a liar because if you wanted this debt cleared it would be done by now. You're just looking for any way to worm yourself out of paying. As I said already, sir, you are seeking attention.

• Advertisement

* You aren't going to get one
    * You can call them yourself on a truly traceable number

If this thread isn't capable of going beyond a circular argument on these points, its over. The answer to the opening question has been given, solidly and repeatedly.

Please stop with the trolling. They told me I would get one so why should I listen to your reasonable why I won't get one.

Please stop with the trolling. They told me I would get one so why should I listen to your reasonable why I won't get one.

Eh

They were too busy to call you? These people aren't here to serve you hand over fist. You're supposedly a grown man, if calling them is too difficult ask your mammy.

You are now Calling a mod troll?

Well

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This comes up a lot. Ignore them.

They go away once you dont engage.

Answer the phone and dont bother speaking until they hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If there's any trolling on this thread, it's not coming from me.

Far more people than me are telling you its unreasonable to refuse to call them back.

You asked for a suggestion - you have got one, a damn good one.

Or pay your debts??

• Advertisement

Eh

They were too busy to call you? These people aren't here to serve you hand over fist. You're supposedly a grown man, if calling them is too difficult ask your mammy.

What a stupid comment. Too busy to return a phone call on an agreed time & date? If that's the case they don't deserve a phone call back. If you had arranged a time & date that suited with a client but couldn't make it would you suggest because they were a 'fully grown man' they'd Come look and find you instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

By not paying your debts, the only person you are letting down is yourself.

A person comes into this world with their own good name.

Whether they exit it in the same way is down to their own behaviour and moral code.

Maybe some self reflection as tohow you handled the situation from the outset might help in the future.

the phone number stuff is just bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What a stupid comment. Too busy to return a phone call on an agreed time & date? If that's the case they don't deserve a phone call back. If you had arranged a time & date that suited with a client but couldn't make it would you suggest because they were a 'fully grown man' they'd Come look and find you instead?

Yet it's OK to run up hundreds of Euro of a phone bill and not pay it? That's not stupid?

Jesus wept. When you contact your client over an unpaid invoice, if they refuse to answer do you just say " ah well I'll write that off, they won't answer the phone"?

At least you got a "thank" from the op, that's what he has been waiting for.

Yet it's OK to run up hundreds of Euro of a phone bill and not pay it? That's not stupid?

Did anyone suggest otherwise that it wasn't? I explained in my op the circumstances of how that happened.

davo10 wrote: »
    Jesus wept. When you contact a client over an unpaid invoice, if they refuse to answer do you just say " ah well I'll write that off, they won't answer the phone"?

At least you got a "thank" from the op, that's what he has been waiting for.

What's with the 'Jesus wept'? I ain't no client of Intrum with any invoice to them:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Did anyone suggest otherwise that it wasn't? I explained in my op the circumstances of how that happened.

You have implied it's acceptable by refusing to sort it out in the simplest way - picking up the phone and making the call.
    It's safest for you too. At this point in the thread you're with stubborn or trying to get people to agree you shouldn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Well pay up and move on with your life.

Anyone can fall on hard times or be out of work, but once you get back on your feet, honour your obligations and stop creating un necessary dramas.

What's with the 'Jesus wept'? I ain't no client of Intrum with any invoice to them:

But you were a client of Vodafone, did you pay them what you owed?

Doesnt matter. They are acting as legal representitives of Vodafone. Just stop being a moan and ****ing pay the bill. Ffs.

• Advertisement

Oh my. No one is telling you to go to their office. This is YOUR debt. YOUR responsibility. It is not up to Intrum to stop working with reasonable people to make sure they can phone you to be told

Babes it's like this, I can't be dealing with ya unless you call me with CLID. xoxoxo

Oh my. No one is telling you to go to their office. This is YOUR debt. YOUR responsibility. It is not up to Intrum to stop working with reasonable people to make sure they can phone you to be told

Babes it's like this, I can't be dealing with ya unless you call me with CLID. xoxoxo

Please don't post on this thread again. You are one serious weird individual.

This is an open discussion forum where people are entitled to post their opinions, you are not required to agree with other poster's opinions, and they are not required to agree with yours.

In your case, your contract outlined payment terms and the consequence of reneging on your agreement. That is where you now find yourself, if you pay what you owe then the problem goes away. Phone intrum and make the substantially discounted payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Offer them a payment plan of a euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Doesnt matter. They are acting as legal representitives of Vodafone. Just stop being a moan and ****ing pay the bill. Ffs.

No they are not. They are unlicensed unregulated debt collectors.

lawred2 wrote: »
    No they are not. They are unlicensed unregulated debt collectors.

There is no license for collection agencies in Ireland. Businesses are entitled to try and recover debt, and to employ agencies to do so. When a debt is passed on to an agency like this, the business has made a number of attempts to recover the debt themselves, unsussessfully. Debt recovery agencies are not illegal and must obey the law, contacting someone like the op as per the terms of his contract is perfectly legitimate and you are wrong to suggest otherwise.

I'll tweak Edups statement a little, they are acting legally in their capacity as representatives of Vodafone for the purposes of collecting a debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Wow this thread is pretty much the same as it was when I went to bed last night. Op expects a business to change their systems to show their number just to recoup a debt of a few hundred euro. Really just looking for a reason to not pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please leave the moderating to the mods. If you have an issue with a post, use the Report Post function.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

bmwguy wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying this? It cant affect credit

It actually can. If a court judgement is secured against you, that can impact your creditworthiness. The ICB is the main credit rating body in Ireland, but it's not the sole source.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

This thread is gone to the utter ridiculous now. OP simply wants everyone to say he doesn't have to pay his debt so leave him to it. He'll regret it later on when he does want the latest phone on a contract.

Advertisement