Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Currency exchange Dubai

• 18-11-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Feel it's a waste of a thread but struggling to get a concrete answer on Google

I made a silly error of not ordering currency in time before I fly to dubai.. Obviously I can exchange at the airport departure side but the rate is generally poor.

I'm thinking f I get a small amount to keep me ticking over at dubai airport arrivals, then look for a bank in dubai, I also heard the malls there generally have currency exchange booths that have quite good rates.. Would this be a good method?

Anyone that's done something similar willing to share?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Get your AED from an ATM when you arrive? Doing FX at an airport bureau du change is an open invitation to be ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

There are exchange places everywhere, on the streets in the malls etc. They offer a better rate than the bank here. So I'd change a little bit in the airport and a what I need for the trip in the malls. The malls have marginally better rates than the airport. If you have a a few thousand to exchange you can haggle about the rate....Otherwise the rate is fixed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hi OP, I'm going in a few days. Was wondering the same, what did you do in the end?

I usually just get it from the ATM but its a good idea to get it from the currency exchange over there, better rate buying euros there than buying dirhams here..

Advertisement