Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Misprint" in argos catalogue,won't honour price

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There is a wonderful thing in Irish law that allows businesses to make the odd honest mistake without having to sell a product at a loss of 100s of euro.
    l
    fixed your post, I believe many take advantage of the lax laws here. Tesco used to use their own customers as cheap labour, rather than employ people to do the job properly. They then copped on they had so many incorrect prices, due to not employing enough staff, than instead of employing adequate staff they simply changed their policy from giving the items free to giving double the difference. Their current policy is so poor that I do not bother reporting their mistakes. I would like to see an easy method of reporting this to authorities.

On the flipside it is idiotic that people think they can buy things for the price advertised, In several threads I have said this would mean Anto could have his mate Micko go throw a 100euro sign on a spanking new BMW and run off, then Anto go in and demand it at that price -not going to happen.

Pixmania honoured a mispriced blu ray player for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rubadub wrote: »
    fixed your post, I believe many take advantage of the lax laws here. Tesco used to use their own customers as cheap labour, rather than employ people to do the job properly. They then copped on they had so many incorrect prices, due to not employing enough staff, than instead of employing adequate staff they simply changed their policy from giving the items free to giving double the difference. Their current policy is so poor that I do not bother reporting their mistakes. I would like to see an easy method of reporting this to authorities.

On the flipside it is idiotic that people think they can buy things for the price advertised, In several threads I have said this would mean Anto could have his mate Micko go throw a 100euro sign on a spanking new BMW and run off, then Anto go in and demand it at that price -not going to happen.

Pixmania honoured a mispriced blu ray player for me before.

That's not really what I call advertising.

An in store price sticker I mean.

Advertisement