Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take my money...

Options
  • 18-11-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Eir have a great deal at the moment with their ultimate bundle and 100e cashback and half price skysports for the year as an addon.
    I have been with Virgin for 6 years, so have not had an eircom line in that time. 
    I live at the end of the road to an exchange, and my neighbours have fibre broadband from Eir.
    I was told my house is not fibre ready from the online chat people, but the guy in the Liffey VAlley store said its just that the line is inactive, and that fibre would be there, its just a matter of a guy calling out and activating it, or somesuch.
    Now, can I get this ultimate bundle? The last online chat person said no. They said I'd have to signup for a phoneline plan, and then when all that is done, I could get the rest.
    I said that I am not looking to simply get a phoneline, but I don't mind signing up to the whole deal, and waiting for Eir to have an engineer callout to activate the line etc before delivering my broadband, TV etc. If I simply signup to a phoneline though, then I have no comeback, if they change their deal in the meantime etc, and I'll have a phoneline I only wanted as part of a bigger package.

Can Eir do something about this? Theres a customer waiting if they do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Eir have a great deal at the moment with their ultimate bundle and 100e cashback and half price skysports for the year as an addon.
    I have been with Virgin for 6 years, so have not had an eircom line in that time. 
    I live at the end of the road to an exchange, and my neighbours have fibre broadband from Eir.
    I was told my house is not fibre ready from the online chat people, but the guy in the Liffey VAlley store said its just that the line is inactive, and that fibre would be there, its just a matter of a guy calling out and activating it, or somesuch.
    Now, can I get this ultimate bundle? The last online chat person said no. They said I'd have to signup for a phoneline plan, and then when all that is done, I could get the rest.
    I said that I am not looking to simply get a phoneline, but I don't mind signing up to the whole deal, and waiting for Eir to have an engineer callout to activate the line etc before delivering my broadband, TV etc. If I simply signup to a phoneline though, then I have no comeback, if they change their deal in the meantime etc, and I'll have a phoneline I only wanted as part of a bigger package.

Can Eir do something about this? Theres a customer waiting if they do.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Revolver Ireland,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have not had any previous eir service a new line would be needed as eir & Virgin media use different infrastructure.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your full address & I will check your availability?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Revolver Ireland

I appreciate the response Pamela. Unfortuantely I've decided against it. I've had conversations with 3 different Eir reps (1 on phone, 1 on chat and 1 instore) and they are all telling me different things. I was with Eircom 6 years ago and had a bad experience, and was ready to give Eir a shot, as it really is a fantastic offer you have at the moment. Simply trying to become a customer has been a struggle, which does not inspire confidence that the company has changed in its approach. Reading some of the feedback here also has convinced me to pay more elsewhere. Eir should really consider that. I am going to be paying, probably about 30 - 40 quid more a month elsewhere, because there seems to be a serious lack of competence in the company that makes me fear that you will simply mess things up and likely blame me for it (Its the reason I left 6 years ago). Not having a go at you, I'm sure you are great :), but my word, Eir really need to assess their service, continuity of communication etc. The mistakes they were making 6 years ago are still being made today :(
    Thanks again for your response. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I appreciate the response Pamela. Unfortuantely I've decided against it. I've had conversations with 3 different Eir reps (1 on phone, 1 on chat and 1 instore) and they are all telling me different things. I was with Eircom 6 years ago and had a bad experience, and was ready to give Eir a shot, as it really is a fantastic offer you have at the moment. Simply trying to become a customer has been a struggle, which does not inspire confidence that the company has changed in its approach. Reading some of the feedback here also has convinced me to pay more elsewhere. Eir should really consider that. I am going to be paying, probably about 30 - 40 quid more a month elsewhere, because there seems to be a serious lack of competence in the company that makes me fear that you will simply mess things up and likely blame me for it (Its the reason I left 6 years ago). Not having a go at you, I'm sure you are great :), but my word, Eir really need to assess their service, continuity of communication etc. The mistakes they were making 6 years ago are still being made today :(
    Thanks again for your response. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Revolver Ireland.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I appreciate all your feedback & I will make all the relevant teams aware.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If there is anything I can help you with in the future please do let me know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

Advertisement