Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrears coming from nowhere?

Options
  • 18-11-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Last year, we got two bills. One of ~106€ that get paid (we used direct debit).
    For the next two months, we got another one but this time with arrears of ~124€.

So instead of paying our normal bill off ~112€ for those two months, we paid ~236€!

I tried for several months to get EI refunding me via email contact without success.

I just found this forum so I hope, being more public will make you make a move and check into it and give us a refund.

I can provide you with the two bills and screenshots that prove that both amount were taken from the bank account and that we never should have paid arrears (which is, theorically impossible, as we always used direct debit).

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Flodub,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order for us to look into this for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Could you also include the dates the payments were taken from your bank account?

We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flodub

Hi,

I just sent you a PM.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clairegalway

The same thing has happened me twice! And now today's bill has a re connection fee on it even though we weren't disconnected?! I'll be ringing them in a while and F###ing them out of it, they are a joke, always overcharging and have some useless answer then for it. I'll be changing from them anyway pure cowboys.. I'm sure we will never see our money back anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi clairegalway,

We regret to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

If you would like us to look into this matter for you here on Boards, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flodub

The same thing has happened me twice! And now today's bill has a re connection fee on it even though we weren't disconnected?! I'll be ringing them in a while and F###ing them out of it, they are a joke, always overcharging and have some useless answer then for it. I'll be changing from them anyway pure cowboys.. I'm sure we will never see our money back anyway
    Well, do you know what they did?

Another address had an account with the same name.
    There was no direct debit set up so they thought it was smart to transfer the due amount on OUR bill. 239€ instead of 114€!! 125€ bonus for Electric Ireland! For no reason!

Unbelievable. I've never seen that in my life before...

So believe me, we will get our 125€ back, even if we need to go court for this!

• Advertisement
Advertisement