Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 zone questions

Options
  • 18-11-2016 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads. Two quick questions in realation to zones from the Etci rules. I dont have a copy handy. What's the distance for a wall mounted mains operated fan allowed to be in a bathroom with a walk in shower and a sink. The fan is on a different wall to both but I'm not familiar with the exact distance it needs to be. Second one is in realation to sockets and spurs an a kitchen and what distance they can be from a sink. Have a family member re modeling the house at the moment and I called to have a look and I answered a few questions for them on it but wasn't sure about the above. Thanks in advance lads

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Second one is in realation to sockets and spurs an a kitchen and what distance they can be from a sink.

Here is the answer to one of your questions:

Q: Must sockets be mounted away from sinks?
    A: There is no specified distance given in the Wiring Rules. Common sense would require that they are not mounted where the sockets or connected appliances can be splashed from the sink or taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Zone 2 extends to 0.6m from shower tray. If you can get the fan outside that (zone3).an selv fan may be better or perhaps an inline fan.
    Note
    All bathroom circuits must now be protected by a dedicated rcd.(rcbo is handier)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

2011 wrote: »
    Here is the answer to one of your questions:

Q: Must sockets be mounted away from sinks?
    A: There is no specified distance given in the Wiring Rules. Common sense would require that they are not mounted where the sockets or connected appliances can be splashed from the sink or taps.
    Thanks for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

meercat wrote: »
    Zone 2 extends to 0.6m from shower tray. If you can get the fan outside that (zone3).an selv fan may be better or perhaps an inline fan.
    Note
    All bathroom circuits must now be protected by a dedicated rcd.(rcbo is handier)

Yes the rcbo is something I've mentioned along with deadicated supply... the mains fan is on a different wall to the two walls the shower tray will go on and is 5ft away so the mains fan should be ok to stay in its location as it's wall mounted out the back wall

Advertisement