Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must I switch to Eir for fibre?

Options
  • 18-11-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭

I was recently visited by an Eir rep to inform me that my area was being upgraded to fibre. I was given the impression that I HAD to switch to Eir as my provider to guarantee my slot in the exchange or some such. Having been 'caught on the hop' I signed a provisional contract with a 14-day cooling off period. Given the substantial price difference I would prefer to stay with my current provider, Sky.
    Have I been hood-winked by some fast sales talk or is Eir operating a closed shop, delaying fibre access to other operators?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I was recently visited by an Eir rep to inform me that my area was being upgraded to fibre. I was given the impression that I HAD to switch to Eir as my provider to guarantee my slot in the exchange or some such. Having been 'caught on the hop' I signed a provisional contract with a 14-day cooling off period. Given the substantial price difference I would prefer to stay with my current provider, Sky.
    Have I been hood-winked by some fast sales talk or is Eir operating a closed shop, delaying fibre access to other operators?

Any thoughts?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gerry Wicklow,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Retail is a direct customer of Open eir just like other provider’s and we receive no preferential treatment regarding the details or availability of new fibre cabinets.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should you wish to remain with your current provider there should be no issues availing of this service from them.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Advertisement