Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Property Tax info

Options
  • 18-11-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,I'm in the process of selling my house and the purchasers solicitor is looking for confirmation that the local property tax is paid on the house. just wondering where I would get this information to forward to him. I pay it through my wages each week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Going through the same process at the moment. I spoke to revenue and was told that they don't have a record of what LPT you've paid until your employer returns that info at the end of the year.
    What I was told to do was pay the full amount for 2016 using Debit card and then get a letter from employer/payroll stating how much was deducted from wages in 2016 and claim this back from revenue.

You are also liable for 2017 property tax if you dont7sell the property before November 1st.

Edited to say: If you pay the full amount by card, this will show up on your online LPT revenue profile which you can then just print off for your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Leitrim86

sullivk wrote: »
    Going through the same process at the moment. I spoke to revenue and was told that they don't have a record of what LPT you've paid until your employer returns that info at the end of the year.
    What I was told to do was pay the full amount for 2016 using Debit card and then get a letter from employer/payroll stating how much was deducted from wages in 2016 and claim this back from revenue.

You are also liable for 2017 property tax if you dont7sell the property before November 1st.

Edited to say: If you pay the full amount by card, this will show up on your online LPT revenue profile which you can then just print off for your solicitor.

Thank you so much for the excellent information, it's much appreciated. Thanks again :)

Advertisement