Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'If You're Feeling Sinister' - 20 years old today

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

this thread deserves more cred and if you're feeling sinister go off and see a minister...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

lordgoat wrote: »
    this thread deserves more cred and if you're feeling sinister go off and see a minister...

Likely an album that people have affection for but possibly don't have any anecdotes to share about it.
    That said, if someone was reading the thread and didn't own it.......what are you waiting for? Glorious. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

mosstin wrote: »
    Likely an album that people have affection for but possibly don't have any anecdotes to share about it.
    That said, if someone was reading the thread and didn't own it.......what are you waiting for? Glorious. :)

I actually spun it last weekend and it really stands up. Still very relevant and not dated. Ya go listen to this if you haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I didn't like this too much when it first came out, even though I'm a huge twee fan generally. For some reason it just didn't do much for me. When The Boy With The Arab Strap came out I liked that much better, and it prompted me to go back and listen to this one again. From then, I got it. Love this album now. Thanks for the thread OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I hold If You're Feeling Sinister and Tigermilk in the same high esteem. Both albums sound great after 20 years. The first few years of Belle and Sebastian's career produced some amazing music, those first two albums in 1996, the E.P.s they released the following year, and then my favourite B&S album The Boy With the Arab Strap in 1998.

• Advertisement
Advertisement