Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is it too early to put up the Christmas tree

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We put up our trees tonight!! planned to do it next Friday before toy show but we will be back from Dublin the night before and we will be working

Don't forget to post in the show us your trees thread :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Wanna put up the tree soooo badly right now, but the hubby is insisting we wait until next weekend. The only thing that's putting me off suggesting some sort of duel to decide it is that I haven't gotten my little man his Christmas jumper yet, and tradition dictates that you must wear your Christmas jumper while putting up the tree. I'm pretty sure it's a law.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

The 1st of Dec and will be removed around the 7th of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Loughc wrote: »
    Don't forget to post in the show us your trees thread :D

Trees aren't decorated and I think I will try to hold it off until Friday evening.... Not sure how long that will last though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The 1st of Dec and will be removed around the 7th of Jan

Yes, 1st is still to early, but not as crazy as the putting it up in November crew. Down on the 7th is a good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes, 1st is still to early, but not as crazy as the putting it up in November crew. Down on the 7th is a good choice.

No crazy time. There's no right or wrong answer here. Putting it up in November or December are both grand. It's down to what people want to do and what makes them happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Wrong again .......... I hope there's a "three strikes and you're out!" rule here ....... Mods???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Ours went up yesterday and the house is fully decorated so it's Christmas movies, songs and hot chocolate in our house for the next month! :)

We decorated the sitting room and window yesterday and today the tree went up. Delighted it's done now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

MadDog76 wrote:
    Ours went up yesterday and the house is fully decorated so it's Christmas movies, songs and hot chocolate in our house for the next month!

Sounds wonderful.
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Ours are up today!

My dad would always leave it until the last weekend before xmas to get the tree, so I'm probably compensating :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I'll probably have to wait until this weekend to get our stuff out of the attic. Parents are wanting an extra tree for the dining room to decorate for themselves because I've apparently taken over the main one ! Looking forward to browsing the shops for Christmas items , there's not enough time in the day at the minute. At least a lot of the cleaning is started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

All going to plan, I'll be putting up our tree on Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not planning on putting up the tree and decorations for another 2 weeks. But hoping to take everything down from the attic this week and sort out what we have. I think we are ok for tree decorations but I want to put a bit more effort into the house decorations this year!

I got spray snow for the windows last year, it looked nice enough, think I went a little overboard with it and left it on too long, it was a pain to clean off the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Are all ye early erectors using artificial trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yea I use an artificial tree

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea I use an artificial tree

Was going to put a real tree up this week but worried it will look awful by the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Yeah we use artificial trees- if I was you, I would hold off until 7th Dec to use a real tree maybe- but we never had a real tree and my father bought one closer to Christmas last year or should I say I did ;)

Artificial tree here as well, a real tree would dry out by Jan 6th at this range.

Artificial tree here as well, a real tree would dry out by Jan 6th at this range.

I dump mine by the 2nd. Can't stand to look at it once new year is done and everything is back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

This is why we are having both this year! My OH wants a real tree but he forgets that the one we had last year was dead before Christmas. So this year, we are compromising & getting an artificial tree this weekend which will be put up instantly in the kitchen & then on or around the 15th, we will get a real tree for the sitting room and hope to get more life out of it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

maximum12 wrote: »
    I dump mine by the 2nd. Can't stand to look at it once new year is done and everything is back to normal.

If you use a real tree do you soak the ends in a basin of water? I've read that if you treat the tree like you would a bunch of flowers, it will soak up some of the water and that will help it live longer indoors.

iguana wrote: »
    If you use a real tree do you soak the ends in a basin of water? I've read that if you treat the tree like you would a bunch of flowers, it will soak up some of the water and that will help it live longer indoors.

Yes, for the first few days it will soak up several litres. Some years they seem to last better than others.

Advertisement