Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please: Heart rate monitor for Smart phone

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a heart rate strap that pairs to a smart phone.

Thanks.
    TBW

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Can't recommend one but polar does Bluetooth ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I got one from Aldi last year, but over time it starts to spike and drop out. You will be needing a Bluetooth one, and it would be a good idea to check the reviews of it. No point having it if it's not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

O/P I have a Lidl Bluetooth one knocking around - if you want it, it's yours. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

What smartphone? Latest Samsung phones are ANT+ capable out of the box where iPhones require an adapter making ANT+ useless as it is cheaper to go for BT LE.

If you want too pair it later on with a bike computer/gps or want to add more sensors look for ANT+ ones as long as your phone can handle it, if not.... BT.

I can add Garmin speed and cadence sensors to my phone as well as heart rate monitors.

The Wahoo one has both so I would actually go for that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

I have a Wahoo TICKRX for about a year now, used for about 5000k, paired with iphone and Garmin Edge on bike. It has ANT+ and Bluetooth and built in memory. At €100 it wasn't cheap but it has performed flawlessly with everything i connected to it, i cant fault it.
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=100888

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thanks for the replies folks.

I'll stay away from the Lidl HR strap, I have dabbled with them before and I end up with dubious results.

@Rokta, The phone is an iPhone 6

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

@Rokta, The phone is an iPhone 6

In that case definitely go for a Bluetooth one, an ANT+ dongle for an iPhone is around 50 to 60 Euro and not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Advertisement