Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for sale at Fota Resort

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

My family and I last stayed there a couple of years back in the Courtyard, maybe even a door or two away from that one. The kids got playing about with some other kids, 1 at least who it turned out lived there. The houses are nice but it had me thinking that it must be pretty lonely for kids, your neighbours are transient so you may never have friends as neighbours, you might be willing to see a family with kids come stay.

Obviously a moot point if they've fled the nest or you don't plan on having any, the surrounding area and grounds are very nice but you could still have the problem of having different neighbours, some on the piss for a few days, on a regular basis. The time I stayed a few of the houses were taken by a premiership rugby team, then families getting the last break in before the end of the summer holidays.

However I don't know how many owners actually live there these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

Wow, a 1 bed 1bathroom apartment next to me just sold for 15kmore than this 3bed, 3bathroom house.
    Needless to say I'm talking about Dublin vs everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gb153

@ThisRegard that's interesting you actually stayed there. I'd imagine it would be unusual alright to be a resident in the middle of a holiday resort.

Pros for me are the modern interior and the decent energy rating
    Cons would be the constant changing of residents in neighbouring houses. Would guess there is a unquoted management fee

@Ayuntamiento its looks like good value for Cork also. It may get bid up in price

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Holiday home.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭therightangle

Seems good value...but
    - No shed, garage or private garden
    - Likely Management fee
    - Does the planning permission for the dwelling permit full time occupation? Any long term residents there may be renting in breach of holiday home planning

Nice landscaping but looks like massive tree behind which might put some people off

• Advertisement
Advertisement