Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair shedding

Options
  • 18-11-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

For at least the last month, my hair has been shedding quite a bit especially after showers. Is it to do with irons levels? Or is quite normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It could be weather related - it's quite common for hair to shed more in colder weather. No harm getting your iron levels checked anyway and consider a targeted supplement like Perfectil or any of the generics, but I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you notice significant thinning or patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My hair sheds when my thyroid is acting up. No harm getting your bloods checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Mine is coming out in droves too. May get the thyroid levels checked thanks lexi.

Though in saying that I have been neglecting it a bit. Will use a hair mask this evening and get a cut during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Definitely talk to your GP about it, but, I did for a while like having extra hot showers and it definitely made my hair shed like crazy, might be worth checking if your showers too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I'm shedding hair like mad too and it's driving me nuts! I hope it is related to the change in weather/temperature but my other theory is that it may be because I stopped taking an Omega supplement 2 months ago. The last time this happened was nearly 2 years ago before I started taking omega oils so I'm back on it again in the hope that I'll see an improvement in a couple of months time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement