Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 5 | Go Getters [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It was quite dull. Mayor creepy needs to get got. Only a matter of time, he's pissing off people who can do flying ninja kicks.

Saviours set the zombies loose, but didn't stick around to see who was driving the tractor in the demolition derby?

Carl is going to get his hair caught in a door at this rate. He can see how he looks out of his other eye, right?

All I could think of when they were rollerblading down the road, was how long before someone snaps their ankle?

The saviours didn't check the mayors closet for stuff? Pfft. Pfft I say!

73363698.jpg

Walking Dead is like heroin. Can't put it down..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

TWD needs to be on Netflix, it has to be watched as a whole!!!...Unfortunately the world today has created a population that needs instant gratification and patience inst our strong point!!!.. I have become one of these people and I believe binge watching shows has maybe ruined the walking dead for some viewers!!!

TWD needs to be on Netflix, it has to be watched as a whole!!!...Unfortunately the world today has created a population that needs instant gratification and patience inst our strong point!!!.. I have become one of these people and I belive binge watching shows has maybe runied the walking dead for some viewers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Gregorym2 wrote: »
    TWD needs to be on Netflix, it has to be watched as a whole!!!...Unfortunately the world today has created a population that needs instant gratification and patience inst our strong point!!!.. I have become one of these people and I believe binge watching shows has maybe ruined the walking dead for some viewers!!!

No, a poorly structured narrative and inability to tell more than one story simultaneously has ruined TWD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Don't Hilltop have guards at night? Honestly, they're too stupid to be let live. Take Jesus and the doctor and let the rest go the way evolution dictates.

In an attempt to tighten things up, they left out a scene which would have explained this!

http://screencrush.com/walking-dead-go-getters-deleted-scenes-tom-payne/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

In an attempt to tighten things up, they left out a scene which would have explained this!

http://screencrush.com/walking-dead-go-getters-deleted-scenes-tom-payne/

Christ it must have been one god awful scene if it didn't make the cut over this

TWD_705_GP_0627_0046_RT_2040.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If Gregory was going to give up Sasha and Maggie why not just tell Simon they're in the house/compound and have Negan's men search for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What happened to the 2 lads Maggie asked to close the gate?

That_Guy wrote: »
    If Gregory was going to give up Sasha and Maggie why not just tell Simon they're in the house/compound and have Negan's men search for them?

Because then we would have missed out on that MASSIVE sense of tension filled drama and shock when he opened up the closet to find nothing but booze!

I was on the edge of my seat there! Wow, where have they gone! What a twist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

three episodes remain in 2016, one of which will spend time catching us up with Heath and Tara.

Oh lord.....at least we get to see where they went but another whole episode?...yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

TBH, I don't really get all the hate this episode is receiving. It's not that bad, the hilltop side of things needed to be explored and while it wasn't exactly very exciting, it wasn't below average, in my opinion. Just more of the same from what I've come to expect from the walking dead, and way better that that kingdom episode a couple of weeks ago, I fell asleep several times during that one. It even had a couple of (albeit short) visits to Alexandria mixed in, connecting Carl and Ingrid's story to Hilltops. I think you guys are being harsher than necessary.

(Preparing for the backlash, bracing myself... please be kind!) :pac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Oh lord.....at least we get to see where they went but another whole episode?...yay
    what happened to Tara again?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    what happened to Tara again?

She and Heath went off scavenging. The Alexandrians do these scavenges where they go off for a few weeks. She went tye morning Denise got killed and doesn't yet know Denise is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That_Guy wrote: »
    Garbage episode.

EDIT: The only real saving grace is that they spared us a whole episode of Sasha and Maggie trying to get to the Hilltop.

Have to say, I thought it was pretty OK - just so grateful that it wasn't a 'Carol' episode.

Or a Coral episode heading to the Hilltop with the young one. They did get a little mileage out of it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

Very poor episode. My missus has been waning and said that's it for her as far the show goes. I guess she needs to make room for the new Gilmore Girls!

I'll see out the season but please let it improve. Any sign of an overall story, potential ending would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'll see out the season but please let it improve. Any sign of an overall story, potential ending would be great.

My hopes of that happening died with Eugene's big reveal.

Very poor episode. My missus has been waning and said that's it for her as far the show goes. I guess she needs to make room for the new Gilmore Girls!

the show will dramatically change in the second half of the season.....Last season was exactly the same!! the first half was so slow I stopped watching...watched the whole second half of the season all at once and really enjoyed it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

It was dull but watchable (It's certainly head and shoulders over the dross that is pretty much every other tv show at the moment)

A few points.

I'm sick of the one location per episode. The Kingdom, The Saviours, Alexandria, Hilltop etc.

Why on earth would Carl wreck an entire car on one walker? Forcing them to Hilltop on foot (idiot)

Why on earth has no one held Carl down and cut his hair yet? He's starting to look like the lion in the wizard of oz.

In Hilltop, with blaring music and walkers in the compound, where was everyone? Does anyone actually live there?

Gregory tried to give up Maggie and Sasha to the Saviours and from what I gather, they were both cool with that? pu-lease.

On a side note, why don't Rick and the gang (or any of the other camps) just leave? They are not being held against their will. Georgia is just one state out of 50. Did no one think, hey lets go to Florida. At least by the sea, you have natural cover from one angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Carl's arrival to come to Enids aid made no sense whatsoever
    I was literally asking myself wtf is going on has the feed skipped and I've missed something
    He wasn't trying to save Enid. He was looking for Neegan and crashed when he hit the walker. He probably couldn't see properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭nc6000

The way the episodes are done is just far too disjointed. I don't think Enid had featured at all this season and then they have her talking to Carl and referring to something which is probably from an episode six months back. That's probably her and The Hilltop gone from our screens now for another six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

It was dull but watchable (It's certainly head and shoulders over the dross that is pretty much every other tv show at the moment)

What? Are you serious? Have you seen Westworld? It craps all over this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's too many different characters in too many different places.

A mass cull of secondary characters in an event that brought them all together, in a physical location and work from there.

I haven't minded too much so far this season but that was a struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

There's too many different characters in too many different places.

A mass cull of secondary characters in an event that brought them all together, in a physical location and work from there.

I haven't minded too much so far this season but that was a struggle.

I dont really understand the policy of only focusing on one group per episode. It makes it feel incredibly disjointed this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I dont really understand the policy of only focusing on one group per episode. It makes it feel incredibly disjointed this season.

It's about stretching the story. It always happens when stuff is successful and the viewers are invested so less likely to abandon the show.

maximum12 wrote: »
    It's about stretching the story. It always happens when stuff is successful and the viewers are invested so less likely to abandon the show.

That may be true, but people will definitely abandon it if it continues to be as shyte as it has been this season. Terrible season so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That may be true, but people will definitely abandon it if it continues to be as shyte as it has been this season. Terrible season so far

Well they've got three episodes to erase our memories so I guess we're going to be turning up the drama this week or next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

Simon was good imo. This guy is a VAST improvement on Austin Tatious aka Negan, although that's not hard. He actually carries an air of menace about him and doesn't feel like it's forced.

He's not so impressive when Mike Ehrmantraut is around. :D

I didn't see much of a difference. I was hoping a break from Negan doing his schtick, and I suppose I got it, except it consisted of Negan's mini-me doing Negan's schtick.

I did like the indirect FY from Jesus at the end. So Negan's going to love that bottle is he? I wonder if Jesus would think of peeing in it...

storker wrote: »
    Simon was good imo. This guy is a VAST improvement on Austin Tatious aka Negan, although that's not hard. He actually carries an air of menace about him and doesn't feel like it's forced.

He's not so impressive when Mike Ehrmantraut is around. :D

I didn't see much of a difference. I was hoping a break from Negan doing his schtick, and I suppose I got it, except it consisted of Negan's mini-me doing Negan's schtick.

I did like the indirect FY from Jesus at the end. So Negan's going to love that bottle is he? I wonder if Jesus would think of peeing in it...
    I agree... Everybody was raving about mini Negans performance saying "he is a better Negan, than Negan"...However I just found it cringe that this actor came in and just copied what Jeffery Dean Morgan is doing...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought it was possibly the best episode this season.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought it was possibly the best episode this season.

Jaysus. Thats a slamming indictment of the quality of season 7 then!

Advertisement