Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones educate together

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks

Just moved to Greystones and looking for primary school for my wee ones starting in 2020. We're close to the educate together, st Laurence's and Delgany ns and just wondering about how good these schools are ie happiness levels of the kids :) Mine haven't been raised with any religion so I'm guessing the ET would be my best option. Anyone much experience of it? No green space at the school by the looks of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ET is really good as it caters for all children. They get to learn of all religions. It's a very different approach to how pupils address teachers i.e. everyone is on first name basis. Regarding green space, ET have use of Templecarrig's outdoor pitch, they used it for last year's sports day. As they're building a new extension, I do think the break time will look to be a little tight in the yards until that's finished.

Internally their school is quite big. There is a sports hall and a smaller infants' yard is located at the north side of the building. Once the extension works are finished, that'll release back space to the main yard.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

magnus500 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just moved to Greystones and looking for primary school for my wee ones starting in 2020. We're close to the educate together, st Laurence's and Delgany ns and just wondering about how good these schools are ie happiness levels of the kids :) Mine haven't been raised with any religion so I'm guessing the ET would be my best option. Anyone much experience of it? No green space at the school by the looks of it.
    if you are in ANY way thinking of the ETNS, then stick names down now. You can always decline a place. But places fill up fast. And the enrolment policy at present is first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

There's also a new Community National School (non- religious) that is in the grounds of the rugby club on Mill Road, but will move to Charlesland in a couple of yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

Hi folks

I'm pretty sure Laurence's and delgany will pop your applications the bin for attempting to enrol pagan children! Unless they changed their stance recently?
    The community national school in the rugby club and the ET are probably the best bets

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

We're close to the educate together, st Laurence's and Delgany ns and just wondering about how good these schools are ie happiness levels of the kids :)

I've two in Delgany NS, a great little school. They love it.
    I'm pretty sure Laurence's and delgany will pop your applications the bin for attempting to enrol pagan children! Unless they changed their stance recently?

I wouldn't assume that, mine are not CoI. Check the admissions policies. Best to apply to them all and see what comes up.

In any case, there's nothing stopping you from going through the motions (baptism, whatever) with both religions. They're not exclusive.

It's worth noting that as things stand there is no advantage in being in a CoI primary school w.r.t admissions to Temple Carrig. You need to be CoI and satisfy active parish participation to jump the queue. That's if you believe the official admissions policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement