Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Can you apply for a new one before your existing one expires? Basically, I went over to the states last month and I'm heading there again on the 24th of December. It expires on the 26th of Dec. I'm planning on staying until January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You don't need a new one. It only has to be current on the day you present yourself at a point of entry, it doesn't matter if it expires while you are in the US. Even if, while you were there, you did a brief trip to Canada, Mexico or the 'adjacent islands' and returned to the US, the 90 day permit will still be active and you wouldn't need to rely on a current ESTA.

Q: Do travelers need to update their ESTA if it will expire before they depart the United States?

A: If an ESTA expires before the traveler leaves the United States, the traveler is not required to apply for another ESTA. However, the traveler will need to apply for a new ESTA for future travel.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/frequently-asked-questions-about-visa-waiver-program-vwp-and-electronic-system-travel

Advertisement