Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nct question/advice

• 19-11-2016 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi i put my 90's toyota in fo nct a few weeks ago and it passed fine mechanically but failed on "advanced corrosion" in a few places on rear of car underneath. Now me and friend who owns garage had car on lift nite before nct and we seen no corrosion only slight surface rust and i mean slight no advanced corossion of any kind. U could batter it with a rubber hammer untill the cows came home and it would he fine.
    If i just black shchutz car underneath and put car into different nct centre should it pass or will they check up on history of car and see it failed in advanced corossion only a month ago?

Also mr lovely nct man said i am not to spray or paint car underneath so they can see the welds that have been done.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I'm assuming that the floor under the back seat where the seat belt receivers are bolted has gone very thin.

This seems to be getting common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Stoolbend wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the floor under the back seat where the seat belt receivers are bolted has gone very thin.

This seems to be getting common.

This is area it failed on yes. I will get car on lift and have a look again someday next week but nct tester is for sure exaggerating the problem.

If my only option is to schutz car and do a full new retest in different centre will this show up on records when testing it.

Obviously if car is too bad when i examine it i will take car off road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

wire brush off the surface rust and re-test it. If they fail it again ask them to show you where it is failing. Do not Shultz it

Advertisement