Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike licence how to go about getting it?

• 19-11-2016 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm looking to get my motorbike licence I'm 22 and have a full drivers licence for a car and artic already. I've great expirence with off road bikes having 4 down through the years including a crf 450 so I'd be used to power but I realise a road bike is a complelty different animal and how dangerous they are. How do I go about getting it ? Is there a restriction on cc size for learners? Can I get a higher power bike restricted until I am allowed drive one or does it have to be a standard lower cc bike ?
    Thanks in advance lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you'll be on the A2 license same as me as you're under 24 years old. you need to get the provisional, do the IBT and then take the test

the restriction is that the bike has to be under 35kw. for the test you'll have to be on a bike that is under 35kw but also has an engine bigger than 395cc but you can rent or borrow a bike for that..

you can get a higher power bike restricted but it can not be a bike more than 70kw

the likes of the bandit 6, sv650, er6 would all be restrictable for the A2 license

after 2 years of passing your test you can go back and do another section of the IBT and be automatically moved up to the unrestricted license

if you were 24 or older you could go straight to the unrestricted A license

Advertisement