Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southampton vs Liverpool 3pm Sky Sports 5

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

City just went 2-1 up, fcuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Handball.....hit full force at him from a yard away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

This will be a very disappointing result. Southampton have been awful. I don't buy that they've defended amazingly either. They gave up enough chances that we could have scored 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F11%2F27%2Findependence-day-2-sequel-jeff-goldblum-interview.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Worst corner I've ever seen

• Advertisement

This will be a very disappointing result. Southampton have been awful. I don't buy that they've defended amazingly either. They gave up enough chances that we could have scored 4 or 5.

I'd be a bit disappointed but not massively.....just not on it today and didn't take our chances.....thats football for you..

Pointless bringing on Origi at this stage you'd imagine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Miserable end to this game

Keeper is allowed to keep the ball for 20 seconds.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

2 points dropped balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We stay top for another week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

These games happen, it's football. Onto the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That's a pity, could have won that.

Did not put away our chances and paid the price. Southampton defended well.

Clean sheet is a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We got clean sheet, a only seen the last 20. Didn't look like we banging down the door for a winner. Origi coming on was a waste of everyone's time tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

More disappointed by a draw here than I thought I'd be. Southampton were pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads a point away to Southampton isn't a bad result, especially after an international break. They've only lost one home game this season and I think only three since last January there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking forward to seeing Van Dyke in red next season at least.

Southampton done nothing up front so a clean sheet is a poor consolation......not a disaster though....take the point and move on...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

tough game in the rain and all. FINALLY a clean sheet though :p but yeah Southampton were very good defensively and we looked a little bit frustrated trying to work angles through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I hate international breaks grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I hate international breaks grrr

That's an excuse, we had our chances to win that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »

More the international break disrupted momentum and players getting injured but keep going, did not get to see all of the game but listening to the radio Liverpool had their chances to win it but always a plus to keep a clean sheet means you get at least a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I felt if Southampton committed slightly more going forward they could have gotten a couple of goals. Liverpool probably should have won but a couple of good saves and bad misses prevented that. Southampton have the best CB partnership in the league however imo and they again came up trump.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liam O wrote: »
    I felt if Southampton committed slightly more going forward they could have gotten a couple of goals. Liverpool probably should have won but a couple of good saves and bad misses prevented that. Southampton have the best CB partnership in the league however imo and they again came up trump.

Strange view. Southampton really had one chance all game. If they had committed more forward they would have left more gaps and Liverpool would have had far more chances to score as well, on top of the few really clear chances there already were that should have been scored.

It was a tough game with little space against a team determined to give no space at the back. On another day we would have won, but it wasn't a terrible result. Win next week at home to Sunderland and we;ll have forgotten about that draw already.

Pity Spurs and City snuck the wins, but it's still very tight, even if Chelsea win to go top tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think he was doing a Gary Neville parody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

murpho999 wrote: »

Madness! Ireland had their greatest away result for 30 years during the international break.

Excuse anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Liverpool dominated the match but the international break fecked things up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

If the team is going to be split for two weeks of shïte, they could at least allow time in the schedule for teams to get in a training session before their first league match.

Advertisement