Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Arsenal Match Thread. k/o 12.30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jayop wrote: »
    Referee absolutely stole this game from us. A disgrace

Go on out of that.

The ref didn't score the Arsenal goal.

Why is it never anything to do with the weakness of this Utd team? Look at the table , is that always down to refs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

edgecutter wrote: »
    Phil Jones and Andre Marriner hang your heads in shame

Jones got milled out of it for that goal he had a sleepy start but he did well enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Really didn't expect that equaliser, but ok. Scarcely deserved on the balance of play :D

Theyre usually the best points.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fair result at the end of the day.

Both teams screwed over by bad refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Awful game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

How does not giving a penalty and multiple frees around the box not effect the result?

United not scoring enough and it's catching them out.

Pogba needs a kick in the hole.

He's very ordinary so far.

World class he ain't

• A fair result at the end of the day.

Both teams screwed over by bad refereeing.

lol

Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very poor from Arsenal today yet United couldn't win.
    Can't see either at the top come end of season.
    Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rooney looked so wound up and angry. He should have been off if the ref had a pair of balls.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rooney looked so wound up and angry. He should have been off if the ref had a pair of balls.

Ah here's the wum in chief. He was booked, is having a go at the ref a red card now? If that was the case Henderson would be off every game. I

How does not giving a penalty and multiple frees around the box not effect the result?
    Never ever ever a penalty. You need to get over that.
    You got a lot of handy free-kicks too. Mariner was poor for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The ref was poor, but for both teams. I don't see the United fans complaining about Darmian not getting sent off, or yellow cards not being given to Darmian (again) and Mata in the first 10 minutes, but ok it's a conspiracy lads, whatever gets you off.

It wasnt a penalty but mata and pogba getting taken out and playing advantage when a free kick was a better call was poor alright.

Mariner is a woeful ref himself Jon Moss and Kevin Friend are the wrse there is, get them in your games and you better pray ya dont have to rely on calls frm them theyre that bad.

Referee absolutely stole this game from us. A disgrace

Yep. Apart from the fact yours can't defend, can't score goals, it is the referee to blame.

• Advertisement

He looked pretty would up alright.

I'm like that myself with a hangover!

I'd say he's a frustrated man these days

Never ever ever a penalty. You need to get over that.
    You got a lot of handy free-kicks too. Mariner was poor for both teams.

Dove in front of Valencia and put his arm across his waist and elbowed him on the leg. I don't understand how anyone would even debate it but expected here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Man Utd fans can console themselves with the knowledge that In Conversation with Theo Paphitis is on MUTV next week.It should be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

murpho999 wrote: »
    Go on out of that.

The ref didn't score the Arsenal goal.

Why is it never anything to do with the weakness of this Utd team? Look at the table , is that always down to refs?

You saw Jones being taken out of it for the Aresenal goal, right? Or is this the usual one eyed bull**** you pull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Loving Jose Mourinho's work.

• Advertisement

• Yep. Apart from the fact yours can't defend, can't score goals, it is the referee to blame.

Mata scored today

Ah here's the wum in chief. He was booked, is having a go at the ref a red card now? If that was the case Henderson would be off every game. I

He was booked once and that was his third time roaring at the ref. He then continued shouting at the ref. Would you not admit he was a tad wound up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Now to watch a decent team in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Dove in front of Valencia and put his arm across his waist and elbowed him on the leg. I don't understand how anyone would even debate it but expected here.

Don't act like it's just people here debating you, you're one of the few who thinks it was a penalty.

He was booked once and that was his third time roaring at the ref. He then continued shouting at the ref. Would you not admit he was a tad wound up.

Rightly so given the joke of a ref performance. You said he should have been sent off but surely you know that was an idiotic statement intended to wum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Threw 20 on the draw a few mins after Mata scored. Sometimes undeserved money is the best money.

• ebbsy wrote: »
    Now to watch a decent team in action.

Looking forward to the Everton match alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

United really should have buried this off form Arsenal team.

Don't act like it's just people here debating you, you're one of the few who thinks it was a penalty.

Aye the unbiased Henry and souness. Won't count Neville as he's doing the usual trying to appear unbiased.

That goal from Arsenal reminds me of Chelsea last year when we seemed to ship goals any time the ball was in the box but I dont think anyone can stop Giroud attacking a cross like that.

• Advertisement

Rightly so given the joke of a ref performance. You said he should have been sent off but surely you know that was an idiotic statement intended to wum.

No I saying he could have easily got a second yellow for continuing to shout at the ref. It never happens but I would like to see it.

The new rules say it can be. At the ref discretion. But it wasn't red and the ref was against you...............

Aye the unbiased Henry and souness. Won't count Neville as he's doing the usual trying to appear unbiased.

HA so anyone who disagrees is either biased or lying, BRILLIANT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Korat wrote: »
    Arsenal have gotten away with a lot of cynical play today.

And they get a goal with their only attack.

Mourinho with a taste of his own medicine so.

Arsenal were awful, and got away with a lot of fouls with no bookings. But Mourinho normally builds his big game displays on the exact same tactic. No sympathy.

Utd should've won by 2 or 3, all that being said.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mata scored today

If we are being a pedant, I said goals

Fist to the throat from your man. Bet you didn't see it?

If you don't put away your chances you don't deserve to win tbh.

Utd need firepower up top

No I saying he could have easily got a second yellow for continuing to shout at the ref. It never happens but I would like to see it.

So you're admitting that by convention he was never going to be sent off so you're talking rubbish?

• If we are being a pedant, I said goals

We won our previous match by scoring goals
    That's more than one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

You have to day fair play Arsenal. Totally outplayed, one shot on target and yet get a point.

United can feel hard done yet again by Marriner but tbh, with the chances they had today the game should have been over and done with much earlier

HA so anyone who disagrees is either biased or lying, BRILLIANT.

No, Henry is an idiot and souness hates United. They will always say everything against united was correct.

Have no idea what you're talking about

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    Mourinho with a taste of his own medicine so

A defensive minded team throwing away 'undeserved' points to the opposition's only shot on goal never gets old.:)

No, Henry is an idiot and souness hates United. They will always say everything against united was correct.

And what about everyone else that disagrees with you? How can you so blind as to not see you're just disregarding everyone who doesn't agree with you for arbitrary reasons?

Have no idea what you're talking about
    I knew you wouldn't.
    You look at everything through rose-coloured glasses.
    Watch it again caaarrreeefffuulllyyyy.

• Advertisement

And what about everyone else that disagrees with you? How can you so blind as to not see you're just disregarding everyone who doesn't agree with you for arbitrary reasons?

Not for arbitrary reasons, I've gave the reasons and explained why it's a penalty. You disagree and I understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Very disappointed with that but I think there's good reason to feel hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Arsenal were shocking at Old Trafford yet again, but Utd were hardly great themselves. Cech had one decent save to make in the whole game from Mata. The other saves from Martial (I think) were straight at Cech. The penalty shout was never a penalty, you would give penalties for every game in that case.

I think it's fair to say, that neither team will be fighting for the title. Utd possibly too far behind at this stage and I don't think Wenger has it in him to get Arsenal winning the league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Look at the incident again and concentrate on Valencia's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Marriner seen very little today as well which helped your boys.

Valenica's elbow to the throat isn't intentional because Monreal is beaten and looking to pretty much drag him down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement