If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereo amp advice

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Still on track for the TV but in mean time looking for a bit of advice for a stereo amp. I'm looking for a solution that I can connect my project 5.1 turntable to. It will be driving a pair of monitor audio rs 270hd. I'd like to be able to also stream music to it from the likes of Spotify from my phone etc.
    Not sure what you might recommend? Also I'm looking at a second hand pair of 270s. I do t suppose you would have a open box pair you could quote me at?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,
    Still on track for the TV but in mean time looking for a bit of advice for a stereo amp. I'm looking for a solution that I can connect my project 5.1 turntable to. It will be driving a pair of monitor audio rs 270hd. I'd like to be able to also stream music to it from the likes of Spotify from my phone etc.
    Not sure what you might recommend? Also I'm looking at a second hand pair of 270s. I do t suppose you would have a open box pair you could quote me at?
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

If you are looking an amplifier that will do all of those things for you there are a couple of options I would recommend. Firstly, the Yamaha RN602:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/yamaha/rn602/yama-rn602-blk

This amp has a Moving Magnet phono stage for your turntable, wifi and bluetooth built in for streaming from a NAS drive or external device and a power rating of 80 watts per channel which will drive your Radius 270s.

However, with your choice of speakers and turtable there is another option that I feel would give a much better sound. The new Cambridge CXA60:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge
    /cxa60/camb-cxa-60-blk

This is one of the best amps I've heard in store. It doesn't have a phono stage but you can get a separate pre amp from £49 to connect the turntable. The Cambridge also has the option for an additional bluetooth dongle (Cambridge BT100) via usb. While the Yamaha will do everything you need straight out of the box, I honestly think the Cambridge set up would be a far superior system in terms of sound quality, especially with what you're running through it.

I don't have any of the Radius 270s in stock second hand however I could certainly look at a price for you if you'd like me to order a new set for you. Alternatively for a similar price we are stocking the Monitor Audio Bronze 6 at £699. These are a much beefier speaker and will give more punch than the Radius 270.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Mick,

If you are looking an amplifier that will do all of those things for you there are a couple of options I would recommend. Firstly, the Yamaha RN602:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/yamaha/rn602/yama-rn602-blk

This amp has a Moving Magnet phono stage for your turntable, wifi and bluetooth built in for streaming from a NAS drive or external device and a power rating of 80 watts per channel which will drive your Radius 270s.

However, with your choice of speakers and turtable there is another option that I feel would give a much better sound. The new Cambridge CXA60:

/cxa60/camb-cxa-60-blk

This is one of the best amps I've heard in store. It doesn't have a phono stage but you can get a separate pre amp from £49 to connect the turntable. The Cambridge also has the option for an additional bluetooth dongle (Cambridge BT100) via usb. While the Yamaha will do everything you need straight out of the box, I honestly think the Cambridge set up would be a far superior system in terms of sound quality, especially with what you're running through it.

I don't have any of the Radius 270s in stock second hand however I could certainly look at a price for you if you'd like me to order a new set for you. Alternatively for a similar price we are stocking the Monitor Audio Bronze 6 at £699. These are a much beefier speaker and will give more punch than the Radius 270.

Many thanks

David

Could you give me a price on the 270s?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mick,

/cxa60/camb-cxa-60-blk

Many thanks

David

Could you give me a price on the 270s?
    Hi Mick,

I could do a special boards price of £640 on those.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.