Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.125" Fork in 1.5-1.25"?

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

This one is proving difficult for me. My new Canyon Endurace fork doesn't have clearance for the height of my 25c Schwalbe Winter ice tyre but my Roadlite fork did. Unfortunately the Roadlite fork is 1.125" whereas the Endurace is 1.5" tapered to 1.25". From what I can tell, this is the same as Giant's OverDrive 2 road forks but doesn't appear very popular.

I was thinking about just getting a new fork but have only seen 1.125" on CRC so far, haven't looked elsewhere but this may prove to have similar clearance issues.

My other option is to get a 1.5" to 1.125" spacer but I can't seem to find 1.25" to 1.125" for the top, this may require a stem shim if the old stem doesn't fit.

Can anyone advise on this? I can't ride my Roadlite as the frame cracked and is being sent back for warranty and I'd like to be on the bike as much as possible in the winter. This is incredibly frustrating as the new fork is only a few mm short of clearance. I just got the Endurace so an MTB and cross bike are out of the question unfortunately...

Advertisement