Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlucky for some... Gameweek 13 Transfers....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lukaku and Vertonghen out.... Costa (finally) and Brunt in.

Yet another hit....and Capoue will be starting next week. Hopefully he's on another hot streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dsmythy wrote: »
    Is Benteke doing anything at all? Might get him for Lukaku and bring in Coutinho for Redmond. But I guess the same goes for Redmond. Is he getting close? Could just sort out my keeper situation and leave Redmond and Lukaku.

For the year 2016, Palace are ranked something like 92nd in England in terms of number of points gained per match. I'd stay well clear of any Palace players (apart from maybe Zaha) till they turn their form around or sack Pardew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

True. But he has an unreal record in London derbies.

17 in 16 games I think it is.
    Yeah but this year it's Conte's no European distractions Chelsea 6 PL CS in a row...

km79 wrote: »
    Some talk of dropping Kun so I tricked about with my team by selling Kun to see how it would look.

There wasn't any drastic difference really as you'd have to carry some City cover and ideally KDB.

So I'm not really seeing the attraction bar the fact that he doesn't seem to be as potent under Pep. That would influence me more than the money saving.
    Yeah same as that really
    You simply have to have city attacking coverage and both are expensive
    Whereas if you were to get rid of Sanchez then Walcott is a MUCH cheaper option......pretty sure I'll be doing this soon........
    Yeah. The best I could come up with was a front 8 of
    Firmino Coutinho Sanchez Hazard KDB
    Kane Austin Anichebe
    but with Pickford Jaku in goal and no Chelsea def cover (need to find £0.7m to upgrade Fuchs with Pieters McAuley Holebas & Amat at the back).
    So it needs another downgrade. Either Pedro or Walcott for Hazard or Sanchez.

BTW, why this Walcott new love? He's done nothing in his last 3 PL games. And Giroud is coming back in the mix. Won't he affect Walcott's gametime?
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love Wally to re-become essential. Right now, I could just exactly afford a front 8 of
    Firmino Coutinho Hazard Walcott Siggy
    Aguero Kane Anichebe
    with admiteddly Pickford Jaku in goals
    but with Alonso Holebas Pieters McAuley Amat as a back 5.

16 pts hit. But this team looks awesomely deadly! I should go to bed before my enthousiasm makes me confirm transfers :D.

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah but this year it's Conte's no European distractions Chelsea 6 PL CS in a row...

Yeah. The best I could come up with was a front 8 of
    Firmino Coutinho Sanchez Hazard KDB
    Kane Austin Anichebe
    but with Pickford Jaku in goal and no Chelsea def cover (need to find £0.7m to upgrade Fuchs with Pieters McAuley Holebas & Amat at the back).
    So it needs another downgrade. Either Pedro or Walcott for Hazard or Sanchez.

BTW, why this Walcott new love? He's done nothing in his last 3 PL games. And Giroud is coming back in the mix. Won't he affect Walcott's gametime?
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love Wally to re-become essential. Right now, I could just exactly afford a front 8 of
    Firmino Coutinho Hazard Walcott Siggy
    Aguero Kane Anichebe
    with admiteddly Pickford Jaku in goals
    but with Alonso Holebas Pieters McAuley Amat as a back 5.

16 pts hit. But this team looks awesomely deadly! I should go to bed before my enthousiasm makes me confirm transfers :D.

The new Walcott love is simply about having Arsenal cover for their upcoming fixtures if you're thinking about selling Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Have 2FT... Looking at a -4 with Sterling/Deeney/Fletcher out for Walcott/Siggy/Anichebe in...

Would mean a 352 with a front 7 of:

Firmino/Coutinho/Hazard/Siggy/Walcott
    Lukaku/Aguerro

Would love to get Kane and Costa in over Christmas, but will leave that for a couple of weeks and see if Costa gets his ban out of the way and if Kane stays fit. Same with Alonso... all of these could be facilitated by axing Aguerro/Lukaku/Williams in maybe two or three gameweeks time. Or could do the whole damn thing now for -16 and be left with 0.1 ITB :eek: but this squad...

Pickford
    Alonso/Lovren/Pieters
    Firmino/Coutinho/Hazard/Siggy/Walcott
    Kane/Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

spurs again looked poor and tired
    Kane again only had one shot
    a penalty

in no rush to get him in now
    Yeah, same. I'm banking this week though so could do Aguero/Deeney - Costa/Kane next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of a -8 this week with Aguero, Lukaku and Allen out for Kane, Defoe and Firmino with 0.7 ITB for defender upgrade the following week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm having the kind of season where I couldn't care if rivals are spying on me :D

Foster
    Amat - Alonso - McAuley - Pieters
    Mane - Coutinho - Firminho - Hazard
    Lukaku - Aguero
    Subs - Pickford, Kone, Allen, Keane (Hull)

Thinking of a 4 point hit to get Lukaku and Allen out for Defoe and Sigurdsson to give me...

Foster
    Amat - Alonso - McAuley - Pieters
    Mane - Coutinho - Firminho - Hazard - Sigurdsson
    Defoe - Aguero
    Subs - Pickford, Kone, Amat, Keane (Hull)

Opinions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The new Walcott love is simply about having Arsenal cover for their upcoming fixtures if you're thinking about selling Sanchez.

Walcott's missus is expecting any day. Could miss a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »

Hopefully Sunday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hopefully Sunday !

Saturday after 11.30am would be great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Some talk of dropping Kun so I tricked about with my team by selling Kun to see how it would look.

There wasn't any drastic difference really as you'd have to carry some City cover and ideally KDB.

So I'm not really seeing the attraction bar the fact that he doesn't seem to be as potent under Pep. That would influence me more than the money saving.
    Yeah same as that really
    You simply have to have city attacking coverage and both are expensive
    Whereas if you were to get rid of Sanchez then Walcott is a MUCH cheaper option......pretty sure I'll be doing this soon........

Normally I'd agree about having to have some form of City attacking coverage but I don't think that's the case this season with the abundance of options right now. Guardiola is bound to rotate the team over Christmas and City have tough fixtures in their next 10. There are just so many options that I think going without coverage from City is not such a crazy method that some might seem to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

What are your thoughts on this transfer for a -4 and 0 left ITB?

Chadli and Coleman out
    Sigurdsson and Luiz in

I'm rather loath to get rid of Chadli, especially with Hull and Watford coming up.
    However, Sigurdsson has great fixtures coming up, and I don't have any Chelsea defenders at present which seems foolish considering their form.

elefant wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on this transfer for a -4 and 0 left ITB?

Chadli and Coleman out
    Sigurdsson and Luiz in

I'm rather loath to get rid of Chadli, especially with Hull and Watford coming up.
    However, Sigurdsson has great fixtures coming up, and I don't have any Chelsea defenders at present which seems foolish considering their form.

Not for a -4
    Both good moves on their own though

Not for a -4
    Both good moves on their own though

Cheers. I was thinking the same, but almost convincing myself to go for it anyway; you know how it goes! I'll bank the transfer instead for now.

If Sigurdsson destroys Palace at the weekend I'll be sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cheers. I was thinking the same, but almost convincing myself to go for it anyway; you know how it goes! I'll bank the transfer instead for now.

I'm considering the exact same move for a hit as well. If Pulis gives any indication that Chadli won't start against Hull then I'll probably do it. Have already lost .3 on him...him missing another match would be the final straw. Wait til the pressers tomorrow before you do anything I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Folks, any update on Lallana? Looks likely to miss this weekend too?

Folks, any update on Lallana? Looks likely to miss this weekend too?

Could miss 2-3 weeks from what was said in lasts weeks presser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Easiest transfer of the season. Allen > Siggy.

• Advertisement

Personally that's the one I'd do this week
    Don't think Coleman to Luiz justifies a -4 on top of that

Personally that's the one I'd do this week
    Don't think Coleman to Luiz justifies a -4 on top of that

I need to make both for the cash. Downgrade Coleman, upgrade Chadli.

I need to make both for the cash. Downgrade Coleman, upgrade Chadli.

Luiz is way dearer than coleman ????

Luiz is way dearer than coleman ????

Rats, got that arseways.

Sigurdsson is an option alright... I'm still afraid of Chadli though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Walker to Alonso

Yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

carnie wrote: »
    Walker to Alonso

Yay or nay?

Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

carnie wrote: »
    Walker to Alonso

Yay or nay?

Yay

I'm 0.1m short :(

I'll be making sure to do that move the GW after they play City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mind still wants me to get Benteke despite being advised not to here. Good stats and even if Palace are on a spiral it doesn't seem to be affecting attacking returns.

Also need to sort out keepers. Have Mandanda and Pickford. Not great for this week or later ones. Could turn Lukaku into Benteke and get Forster in to rotate somewhat with Pickford.

The simpler non hit taking single transfer is Redmond to Coutinho which I can just afford but again something niggly telling me Redmond could do well against Everton. Also it leaves me abandoning keeper points this week potentially.

Mata is so very tempting now .........probably rising before Saturday too.......him or siggy
    My 2 auld flames
    Why must I have to choose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mata is so very tempting now .........probably rising before Saturday too.......him or siggy
    My 2 auld flames
    Why must I have to choose :D

With all the turbulence in the world these days I for one would feel much more at peace and have no worries for the rest of my days if you could restore some natural order to it.

Hakuna MATA-ta :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Is Lallana definitely injured for this weekend? If so I think I'll get Sturridge in for Aguero, I need to take some risks.

It would also allow me get Mane in for Walcott too, I really think Liverpool will score 4+ against Sunderland and I'm unsure of Walcott starting consistently, he's been terrible lately and has strong competition for places, I have a feeling Ox will start on right wing at weekend.

• Advertisement

Klonker wrote: »
    Is Lallana definitely injured for this weekend? If so I think I'll get Sturridge in for Aguero, I need to take some risks.

It would also allow me get Mane in for Walcott too, I really think Liverpool will score 4+ against Sunderland and I'm unsure of Walcott starting consistently, he's been terrible lately and has strong competition for places, I have a feeling Ox will start on right wing at weekend.

Lallana will miss at least the next 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Klonker wrote: »

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 13h13 hours ago
    No Adam Lallana [groin] again for Liverpool this weekend. Klopp expects the player to miss between 2-3 games. #LFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

van Dijk or Bertrand?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    van Dijk or Bertrand?

Tough one but I'd go Bertrand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sheroman01 wrote: »
    van Dijk or Bertrand?

Cedric. 4.9m.

Nailed. As attacking as Bertie.

Can't comprehend why he's not in more teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aguero-->Rooney once team news is confirmed, giving Rooney the armband too. Extra funds will allow Kane in next gw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm thinking of doing amat to janmaat.

you're the jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd get both. And Mata. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

FHFC wrote: »
    Cedric. 4.9m.

Nailed. As attacking as Bertie.

Can't comprehend why he's not in more teams.

He has a history of getting dropped. Haven't seen many attacking returns from him. Bertie always good for assists. VVD always good for bonus pts and goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Whoa! People bringing in Sturridge and Rooney. WTF is going on?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

JakeBell wrote: »

Party like it's 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JakeBell wrote: »

I'm going to bring in either drogba or dzeko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm thinking Lukaku and Friend to Giroud and P Jones

I'm thinking Lukaku and Friend to Giroud and P Jones

Asking for trouble over Xmas with those 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cech/Jakupovic
    Vertonghen/Holebas/Lovren/Evans/Amat
    Coutinho/Firmino/Ozil/Capoue/Allen
    Aguero/Lukaku/Defoe

I have 2FT and 1.8m ITB but thinking of just doing Vertonghen to Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Asking for trouble over Xmas with those 2

Yeah this is the time of year to be getting in bankers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Benimar wrote: »
    Cech/Jakupovic
    Vertonghen/Holebas/Lovren/Evans/Amat
    Coutinho/Firmino/Ozil/Capoue/Allen
    Aguero/Lukaku/Defoe

I have 2FT and 1.8m ITB but thinking of just doing Vertonghen to Alonso.

Maybe hold fire...I am looking at doing Walker to Alonso, but next week Chelsea play City away and Spurs have Swansea at home.
    I'm getting ready to do a triple Chelsea swap the week after. Just hoping their players do not keep rising like they have been, but I suspect playing City away next week, might slow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Play Capoue at home to Stoke
    or
    Zaha away to Swansea?

• Advertisement

Pulis soundbites on Chadli don't sound good so made 2 transfers

Aguero-->Rooney and Chadli-->Ozil for -4

Advertisement