Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours 5 day ban...

Options
  • 19-11-2016 1:35pm

...apparently I've been handed a 5 day ban by ancapailldorcha for trolling.

I can't link the thread, as it has been removed, but a certain poster reregs and pops up with a thread about sex, women treating it as a chore etc. etc. on pretty much a daily basis.

I posted the observation that the impotence of the poster was matched by the mods in their inability to stop it.

The mod who banned me seems to have taken this throwaway comment very badly, as an attack on mods who give up their time and so on. WhichI fully appreciate...but it's still a fact that that poster will be back tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the mods are unable to deal with it.

I suspect the mod is tired of that poster, everyone is, but I think he has overreacted and taken it out on me. It is a fact that this poster just beats the system by rereging each time, and it is a fact that his posts get on and the mods can't seem to stop it. But I think he should be able to accept someone pointing this out rather than suggesting it's an unacceptable attack.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Conor
    I can look at this for you.
    Can you confirm that you have attempted to resolve this with the mod in question?
    Please forward the pm exchange to me or alternatively post it here.
    Cheers

Thanks...
    Dear Conor74,

You have been banned from After Hours for five days for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

p=101711466. There's no need for this sort of dig at volunteers.

Your post:
    The impotence of the OP is exceeded by that of the mods.
    Huh?

Now THERE'S an overreaction! I appreciate you're annoyed at that poster, we all are, but banning me because he is running rings around ye and taking the mick is hardly fair.
    As I said, we're volunteers, not Big Brother. We're not online a lot of the time. There was no need for you to insult the people who try to make the forum welcoming at all for free.

I'm upholding the ban. You can go to DRP if you like.
    You're annoyed with the poster. That's pretty obvious. Hence your overreaction and hypersensitivity, and characterisation of a throwaway comment as some awful attack. Yes, mods are volunteers, that does not mean that they are above comment for inability to deal with a problem that pops up every single day.
    I've said all I have to say. You can post in DRP if you wish to appeal.

ACD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You say
    I can't link the thread, as it has been removed, but a certain poster reregs and pops up with a thread about sex, women treating it as a chore etc. etc. on pretty much a daily basis.

I posted the observation that the impotence of the poster was matched by the mods in their inability to stop it.

which is not really true at all. What you said was
    The impotence of the OP is exceeded by that of the mods.

This is the totality of your contribution to the thread. There were no caveats or context about the mods ability to stop the serial re reg and even if there were it was still a dig at the mods for no reason.
    You know by now that if you see a troll or rereg they should be reported rather than responded to.

In your last DRP I gave you the benefit of the doubt and reduced your ban. Here I see no doubt and consider your post worthy of action.
    On its own the post was not worthy of a ban but given your history and the incrimental nature of actions in AH I find the 5 day ban to be on the lenient side*.
    Ban upheld.

If you have an issue with mods pm myself or another of the cmods or goto feedback. Do not comment in AH.

*if I had not reduced your last ban I would be upholding a 1 month ban at this point.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    if I had not reduced your last ban I would be upholding a 1 month ban at this point.

For observing that the mods are powerless to stop a particular poster rereging...when the mods are powerless to stop a particular poster rereging?

That's just an affront to common sense.

Was simply going to take my oil and chalk that down as my last contribution to AH, but I see other posters have described this as petty and harsh on the feedback forum. In the circumstances, can an Admin have a look at it? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sure.

Admin please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Conor74 - I have reviewed this matter & am going to lift your ban as I consider it a bit on the harsh side. You were sailing close to the wind again on this one - as you have done before.

In future, if you wish to comment on moderation - start a thread in Feedback. Do not comment in any old AH thread that takes your fancy. You are here long enough to know the score.

tHB

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement