Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Stock.

• 19-11-2016 2:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if someone can help me out.

My semi auto has a fixed stock. As the LOP (Length of Pull) is a bit short i find i'm holding the rifle in an unnatural position and while i can adjust for this it's the only one of my firearms that cause this "tightened" shooting position.

I'd like to change the stock to something that would better suit. I have considered a butt bad, but my rifle has a buffer tube, and the stock is hollow with a small compartment. IOW i cannot remove the plastic buttpad or attach anything to it.

Now i've looked up adjustable and fixed stocks. The fixed stocks, from the little information i can find on them are the same length as what i have. The adjustable ones seems slightly longer, hence better.

Here is my question. If i were to change the stock to an adjustable one would i need to change the buffer tube? I'm assuming yes as my current one has no notches to allow for adjustments or locking at my desired length.

TIA.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement