Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon keeps lying about dispatch and delivery date

• 19-11-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Ordered a computer on Amazon UK on 23 October, given delivery date 11 to 23 November. Checked with Amazon on 26 October, was told everything was in order.

Later order page showed dispatch date of 17 November and delivery date of 23 November.

Contacted Amazon 17 November midday to check tracking details. Was told item would be dispatched by midnight and expect on time delivery.

Contact them again 21:00. Was told by Laksh*t (very suitable name!) that "they [the shipping team] brought your order from the international warehouse.... are dispatching your order tomorrow morning [18 November]. Laksh*t also, again confirmed delivery by 23 November. In addition, an email was received which again confirmed dispatch on 18 November and delivery by 23 November.

When I still did not receive any tracking details by this morning 19 November, I contacted Amazon again. This time I was told item is out of stock and they don't know when they can deliver!!! I was shocked after waiting four weeks and having been reassured by three customer service rep that order is on time. THEY HAVE BEEN LYING!!!

Amazon is now unable to give me a new delivery date or even to confirm if item will ever be back in stock. The identical model (I had ordered a white one) is now available in black. However the price has gone up since my order was placed four weeks ago and Amazon says I will have to place a new order and pay the higher price, even if I am willing to take delivery of a black model which is not my first choice, insteading of honouring the original contract.

I find the Amazon way of lying to customers repulsive and deceptive to say the least. So please beware if anyone else plans to buy a computer from Amazon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

If i were amazon, I'd tell you to take your business and attitude elsewhere.

It costs nothing to be polite.

Advertisement