Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Virginia

Options
  • 19-11-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Anyone know when its due to open, seen it behind the Supervalu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Anyone know when its due to open, seen it behind the Supervalu

1st December according to their Facebook page. They were working on the fitout all weekend and it seems to be progressing well. Looking forward to its opening, although I can see chaos getting in and out of the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Sweet, was over there on Sunday and they where working on it.

Yeah is going to be a nightmare to get in and out of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Now all the traders in Bailieboro, as well as Tesco, can see how their multiple objections to Lidl opening in Bailieboro has panned out! All the locals who were in favour of it (but ignored) will drive out of the town altogether. Only 8 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

It will be great for the people of Virginia Bailieboro and Ballyjamesduff to have Lidl located so close. There will be a lot of traffic congestion in the town especially where there is a queue forming to turn right at the end of the Ballyjamesduff Virginia road to head for Dublin and a queue to turn right to join the first queue exiting carpark. Easy enough to solve have 2 full length lanes from road at top to the corner there outside By the Book (thereby removing the car parking spaces alongside shops). Left lane to turn left and right lane to turn right. I notice this has not been done plus junction at entrance to carpark is quite narrow and may cause problems for lorries delivering stock to shops entering and exiting carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Or compulsory purchase the lane way in through Pergolia. Make it a one way system into the car-park at the existing entrance, and all traffic to exit at the Pergolia end.

I hope they are putting a mini roundabout at the new bridge, at the Bailieboro road, otherwise it will be as bad as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Red Fred

The plan is to put traffic lights at the entrance to the shopping centre as well as at the junction with Main Street (N3). When the bridge at the other end of the town is eventually finished the traffic lights at the Bailieboro Road/N3 junction will be switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Red Fred wrote: »
    The plan is to put traffic lights at the entrance to the shopping centre as well as at the junction with Main Street (N3). When the bridge at the other end of the town is eventually finished the traffic lights at the Bailieboro Road/N3 junction will be switched on.

I know that is the plan but that won't be done by Thursday will it and works at bridge will go on for another while yet. I was talking about straight away on Thursday when Lidl opens and remainder of December until Christmas season is over.

Advertisement