Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheeky bum pinch/slap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

No they don't hammer. They will usually come over to you and try start a conversation, tell you that you look nice or offer to buy you a drink. On what planet would a man want to be on to think going over to a stranger and grabbing her ass is going to leave a good impression?

It's hard to start a conversation in a nightclub Lexie because of the music, and that's where drunk lads and girls can decide to express their interest in a more physical manner. You're right, it's odd, but I can assure you it's very, very common, rightly or wrongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Hammer89 wrote: »
    It's hard to start a conversation in a nightclub Lexie because of the music, and that's where drunk lads and girls can decide to express their interest in a more physical manner. You're right, it's odd, but I can assure you it's very, very common, rightly or wrongly.

If someone touched my arse they'd have a broken hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm 28 years old. Ive been through 6 years of college. I have been going to nightclubs for the past 12 years. Yes, I've been groped and no it did not endear me to any of them. Quite the opposite actually. I would automatically assume any guy who would do that would be a disrespectful scumbag with no social skills.

I'm 28 years old. Ive been through 6 years of college. I have been going to nightclubs for the past 12 years. Yes, I've been groped and no it did not endear me to any of them. Quite the opposite actually. I would automatically assume any guy who would do that would be a disrespectful scumbag with no social skills.

ANIMALS THE LOT OF EM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Eh, you literally described Jimmy Savile's history as a bit "touchy-feely" earlier. Do you think that phrase does his crimes justice? Me neither so I'd say you're downplaying it a bit, wouldn't you? It's like calling Ted Bundy a little rapscallion or something.

I didn't at all describe Savilles history as a bit of touchy feely. To spell this out for you as you're confused. I was comparing Savilles "groping" (not all crimes, just the cases where he groped young girls in public by pinching\feeling their arses) with the "groping" of women which you think is ok. I described it as touchy feely as a dig at the fact you were downplaying sexually assaulting women.

I figured that would be clear given the fact thei entire thing is about me having an issue with sexual assault and you not having an issue with it. So there's no use at this point trying to turn it around and accuse me of mitigating Jimmy Savilles crimes :D
    What, like sending them nudes? In your mind that probably deserves a prison sentence as well. But people don't write sonnets to prospective mates anymore bud, nor do they stand outside their bedroom windows with ghetto blasters above their heads. Rightly or wrongly, they do administer a cheeky slap on the backside, in a nightclub.

Jesus Christ is that seriously the only other way you can think of to meet a woman once sexually assaulting them is non runner ?

you ever considered actually speaking to them ? :confused: You know like an actual human being and not some horned up animal pawing at women desperately hoping they'll let you have sex with them ?
    The location is significant because a lot of sexual abuse goes on nightclubs by your definition of unsolicited sexual advances; whether it's slapping an arse, walking up to a man or woman and kissing them without permission, or touching their arse mid-kiss. Best of luck trying to convince a jury that people who do that in a nightclub deserve to be locked up. Better yet, ring up Joe Duffy - because I'm guessing you have him on speed dial - and bring your argument to the masses.

A lot goes on by the actual definition not of mine. I'm not trying to convince anyone that anyone needs to be locked up. Again you've completely missed the entire point of this discussion.

The point is it is actual sexual assault. Being ignorant of that fact as you are makes no difference. This isn't anyone opinion this is the law. So if you assault a woman you are risking her reporting that assault.

And good luck in court if a woman accuses you of sexually assaulting her with a defense of "I was in a night club it must be grand, I don't know how else to get the ride other than groping women and sending naked pictures of myself".

• Advertisement

Is this how people meet partners now? It has to be a nightclub? I met my wife online 6 years ago.

I didn't at all describe Savilles history as a bit of touchy feely. To spell this out for you as you're confused. I was comparing Savilles "groping" (not all crimes, just the cases where he groped young girls in public by pinching\feeling their arses) with the "groping" of women which you think is ok. I described it as touchy feely as a dig at the fact you were downplaying sexually assaulting women.

I figured that would be clear given the fact thei entire thing is about me having an issue with sexual assault and you not having an issue with it. So there's no use at this point trying to turn it around and accuse me of mitigating Jimmy Savilles crimes :D

Jesus Christ is that seriously the only other way you can think of to meet a woman once sexually assaulting them is non runner ?

you ever considered actually speaking to them ? :confused: You know like an actual human being and not some horned up animal pawing at women desperately hoping they'll let you have sex with them ?

A lot goes on by the actual definition not of mine. I'm not trying to convince anyone that anyone needs to be locked up. Again you've completely missed the entire point of this discussion.

The point is it is actual sexual assault. Being ignorant of that fact as you are makes no difference. This isn't anyone opinion this is the law. So if you assault a woman you are risking her reporting that assault.

And good luck in court if a woman accuses you of sexually assaulting her with a defense of "I was in a night club it must be grand, I don't know how else to get the ride other than groping women and sending naked pictures of myself".

Yeah, grand. On your bike pal - one of those bikes with the massive front wheels no doubt.
    Edups wrote: »
    Is this how people meet partners now? It has to be a nightclub? I met my wife online 6 years ago.

It doesn't have to be a nightclub but I'm in my 20s so that's the most probable source.

It doesn't have to be a nightclub but I'm in my 20s so that's the most probable source.

I'm 21.. mind you I've never been to a night club

Probably for the best because they're populated with a bunch of young Jimmy Saviles apparently so you don't want to be associated with that riff-raff.

Probably for the best because they're populated with a bunch of young Jimmy Saviles apparently so you don't want to be associated with that riff-raff.

Jaysus

• Advertisement

The majority of men in nightclubs wont assault you.

The majority of men in nightclubs wont assault you.

I am a man does that make me an assaulter?

I am a man does that make me an assaulter?

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jesus, there is a fierce amount of hysterical keyboard warriors on the interweb

This thread goes out of its way to prove it.

Guaranteed that anyone complaining about it here would not complain much on a night out when its someone that they are attracted to does it. Even married people will take it as a sign that they are still attractive.

I hope not!

The only arse I slap/spank or pinch or that is the wife's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Ah.... but youre only 21 ....wait a decade... you'll be slapping arses like it's the end of days!

:D

Ah.... but youre only 21 ....wait a decade... you'll be slapping arses like it's the end of days!

:D

Not likely unless she grows another

Dempsey wrote: »
    Jesus, there is a fierce amount of hysterical keyboard warriors on the interweb

This thread goes out of its way to prove it.

Guaranteed that anyone complaining about it here would not complain much on a night out when its someone that they are attracted to does it. Even married people will take it as a sign that they are still attractive.

So the woman should be grateful she's attracted the attention of a man who thinks it's ok to grope her? Lord save us

Is it unsolicited when you do it? If so, you might be looking at a spell in The Joy for sexual abuse. You'll be cellmates with Graham Dwyer because you slapped your wife's arse.

So the woman should be grateful she's attracted the attention of a man who thinks it's ok to grope her? Lord save us

And these chaps wonder why feminists are so prevalent.

• Advertisement

Is it unsolicited when you do it? If so, you might be looking at a spell in The Joy for sexual abuse. You'll be cellmates with Graham Dwyer because you slapped your wife's arse.

Ok here's the thing.

If im standing at the counter with my back towards my partner, and he comes over, wraps his arms around me and turns me around to kiss me without asking, that's fine. He's my partner and if I tell him to stop I know he will.

If I'm in a pub and a man wraps his arms around my from behind and tries to kiss me I'll probably stomp on his foot because that would frighten me and make me defensive.

If I'm asleep next to my partner and he wakes me up for sex, feeling my boobs or before he takes off my underwear, that's fine. If I want him to stop I know he will.

If I'm asleep next to a friend or stranger and they do that to me, I'd want to stab them because it's inappropriate and we aren't that familiar with each other.

You cannot compare the two. A married man touching his wife's ass and a sleeze in a nightclub doing the same to a stranger. They're worlds apart

Take it up with the other chap Lexie. His definition of sexual abuse is an "unsolicited sexual advance" so you will have to discuss the ins and outs of that - pun intended - with him I'm afraid.

Hammer I like you, I love reading your posts usually but you're being obtuse.

Ah lexie come away will ye no one has sex when they get married

I'm not. I'm referring to the other bloke's definition of sexual abuse and asked a question based on that definition - a tongue-in-cheek question.

Do I think slapping your wife's arse without permission is a sexual assault? If slapping the arse of a stranger is then yes, absolutely, because if you're willing to qualify something as sexual abuse - whether it's a pat on the backside or rape - then your relationship to the victim shouldn't matter one iota. That's the danger in throwing something like a slap on the arse in a nightclub under the umbrella of sexual abuse.

There's no difference between raping a family member or raping a stranger, so if slapping someone's arse in a nightclub, another example of sexual assault according to you's, without their permission is wrong then why is it alright if it's your wife? That's the point and without being egotistical it's the best and most salient point in this whole stupid debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,313 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm not. I'm referring to the other bloke's definition of sexual abuse and asked a question based on that definition - a tongue-in-cheek question.

Do I think slapping your wife's arse without permission is a sexual assault? If slapping the arse of a stranger is then yes, absolutely, because if you're willing to qualify something as sexual abuse - whether it's a pat on the backside or rape - then your relationship to the victim shouldn't matter one iota. That's the danger in throwing something like a slap on the arse in a nightclub under the umbrella of sexual abuse.

There's no difference between raping a family member or raping a stranger, so if slapping someone's arse in a nightclub another example of sexual assault according to you's, without their permission is wrong then why is it alright if it's your wife? That's the point and without being egotistical it's the best and most salient point in this whole stupid debate.

The phrase missing here is 'with consent.

Doesnt matter if she's your wife or not - and a wife can revoke consent - if it's non-consentual, it's assault.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

The phrase missing here is 'with consent.

Doesnt matter if she's your wife or not - and a wife can revoke consent - if it's non-consentual, it's assault.

And that's the same in reverse, if a man says no...he means no!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You cannot compare the two. A married man touching his wife's ass and a sleeze in a nightclub doing the same to a stranger. They're worlds apart

World's apart. Or the same guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Strawman Argument. Its obvious we are not talking about the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There's no difference between raping a family member or raping a stranger, so if slapping someone's arse in a nightclub, another example of sexual assault according to you's, without their permission is wrong then why is it alright if it's your wife? That's the point and without being egotistical it's the best and most salient point in this whole stupid debate.

What makes rape rape and not sex is consent. It's consent that defines whether something is sexual assault or not, not the actual act.

I mean, it's fine if I take my kid to the park, I don't need to check with anybody. But it's not fine if I take your kid out of your front garden and take him to the park. You can understand the difference between those two things even though they both boil down to 'take a child to a park' right?

Advertisement