If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55UH661V Vs SAMSUNG UE55KU6400

Options
  • 19-11-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I am probably going to buy a new tv in the very near future. At the moment I am thinking of a 55 inch UHD and have stumbled across the 2 models in the thread title

The 2 models are of a similar price and look quite similar in spec to my uneducated eyes. Is there any difference in quality between them and what is the difference?

Are there any other models that I should be considering which are in the same neighbourhood?

Thanks in advance

digsy

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

digsy32 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am probably going to buy a new tv in the very near future. At the moment I am thinking of a 55 inch UHD and have stumbled across the 2 models in the thread title

The 2 models are of a similar price and look quite similar in spec to my uneducated eyes. Is there any difference in quality between them and what is the difference?

Are there any other models that I should be considering which are in the same neighbourhood?

Thanks in advance

digsy
    Hi digsy,

They are both very good TVs and at first glance there's not much to separate them on spec. . I would recommend the Samsung for picture quality (we have both set up in store and I find the Samsung is a much more stable image than the LG) but the LG has better smart features with Freeview play and the Magic Mobile connection built into the TV.

I would definitely recommend the Samsung though purely for picture quality. It is a more natural panel in terms of brightness and colour.

I hope this has been helpful.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭digsy32

Hi,

Thanks in advance

digsy
    Hi digsy,

They are both very good TVs and at first glance there's not much to separate them on spec. . I would recommend the Samsung for picture quality (we have both set up in store and I find the Samsung is a much more stable image than the LG) but the LG has better smart features with Freeview play and the Magic Mobile connection built into the TV.

I would definitely recommend the Samsung though purely for picture quality. It is a more natural panel in terms of brightness and colour.

Many thanks

David
    Thanks for that David. Yes it is picture quality that I would be more interested in. I was probably leaning towards the Samsung myself in any case.

Just a couple of other questions on the Samsung model:

1. Is this model not available to be delivered to Dublin? I note on the website that it says "Collect in store"

2. If not, what are my options for buying? Is it buying over the phone and then collecting in your shop in the North? Or are there alternatives? I will probably hold off making a final decision until I see if there are any black Friday deals.....

Regards,
    digsy

Hi,

Thanks in advance

digsy
    Hi digsy,

Many thanks

David
    Thanks for that David. Yes it is picture quality that I would be more interested in. I was probably leaning towards the Samsung myself in any case.

1. Is this model not available to be delivered to Dublin? I note on the website that it says "Collect in store"

2. If not, what are my options for buying? Is it buying over the phone and then collecting in your shop in the North? Or are there alternatives? I will probably hold off making a final decision until I see if there are any black Friday deals.....

Regards,
    digsy
    Hey Digsy.

Apologies for the delay in a reply, its been nuts over the last lot of days here at the store.

The Samsung UE55KU6400 is unfortunately an in store only collection and we are unable to have them shipped.
    These screens can be reserved and collect and pay for it at our store here in Belfast.

Let me know what you think.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

digsy
    Hi digsy,

Many thanks

David

Regards,
    digsy
    Hey Digsy.

Apologies for the delay in a reply, its been nuts over the last lot of days here at the store.

The Samsung UE55KU6400 is unfortunately an in store only collection and we are unable to have them shipped.
    These screens can be reserved and collect and pay for it at our store here in Belfast.

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks for that. I will probably make my final decision towards the end of the week just in case there are any Black Friday deals I might prefer.

If I reserve I assume I would have a couple of days to make it up to Belfast to collect? What would be typical here? Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Digsy,

we normally hold reserved items for 3 days - however to be fair to everyone over the Black Friday period we are happy to hold items for 24 hours so you can have a think about it - if we hold items for days and then they are not collected its not completely fair on Customers who had their heart set on that product.

Again happy to hold for 24 hours once we still have stock!

Keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Digsy,

we normally hold reserved items for 3 days - however to be fair to everyone over the Black Friday period we are happy to hold items for 24 hours so you can have a think about it - if we hold items for days and then they are not collected its not completely fair on Customers who had their heart set on that product.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That's fair enough. I'll see what Black Friday brings so and make my decision then. Thanks for the help

Digsy,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That's fair enough. I'll see what Black Friday brings so and make my decision then. Thanks for the help
    No problem at all Digsy32.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.