Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying bike from UK - which forwarding service?

Options
  • 19-11-2016 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im going to buy a bike from Merlin Cycles who do not ship bikes to Ireland.
    Which mail forwarding service should I use?

deliverme.ie seem to only insure up to 100 euro.
    AddressPal cost 25 euro
    ParcelWizards restrictions would seem to get me "Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm."

Parcel motel seem like theyd be pricey...
    https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629532-Oversize-Parcels-Their-Charges-

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

As far as I can see Merlin will deliver a bike to Ireland for e57.08. I certainly know people who have bought bikes from them. I've had wheels and a groupset from them recently.

What bike were you trying to order ?. It may be that they are not able to sell certain manufacturers outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Its a Felt

This product cannot be shipped to your selected delivery country of "Ireland".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Do you mind telling me which bike as I just checked with a Z95 and it was quoting me e57.08 with ups european 3-5 day delivery.

I already have an account with them and am signed in with delivery in Wicklow.

It may be a glitch in their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

I've almost always found (mostly when buying books) that an email or call directly to the company will find you a human who'll say "Ah, that's only the system, of course we can!"
    AddressPal's €25 doesn't sound like too much, though.

Advertisement