Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnant platy?

• 19-11-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I could tell if Elsa the platy is expecting or if there is something wrong that I should be treating? Her colouring makes it hard to see a gravid spot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I could tell if Elsa the platy is expecting or if there is something wrong that I should be treating? Her colouring makes it hard to see a gravid spot!

I'd say Elsa is expecting some little Elsa's. The swelling appears to be in her belly. If you want to keep some of the babies then you need to get a breeding trap. I don't stress mammy out by putting her in it, I just net the babies as soon as I see them & place them in the trap. You will need some fry food. You will know her time is near when her belly starts to look square.

Good luck. Fry are rather cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Knine wrote: »
    I'd say Elsa is expecting some little Elsa's. The swelling appears to be in her belly. If you want to keep some of the babies then you need to get a breeding trap. I don't stress mammy out by putting her in it, I just net the babies as soon as I see them & place them in the trap. You will need some fry food. You will know her time is near when her belly starts to look square.

Good luck. Fry are rather cute

Well I was thinking about attempting to keep them as I went to bed that night. Woke up the next morning, flicked on the tank light and she's half the size she was and not a fry in sight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Well I was thinking about attempting to keep them as I went to bed that night. Woke up the next morning, flicked on the tank light and she's half the size she was and not a fry in sight :(

Ah no way. Probably all been eaten. Keep on the lookout though as some might have escaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Knine wrote: »
    Ah no way. Probably all been eaten. Keep on the lookout though as some might have escaped.

I was convinced she was pregnant but wasn't sure she seemed big enough to be "due" as such. No sign of any fry but I do have a large log and two live grass plants so maybe I'll get lucky :D

Advertisement