Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does this product exist?

• 19-11-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a simple set up as follows:-

1. Quad tuner combo satellite/Saorview box into TV via HDMI.
    2. Win 10 mini PC for Netflix, online streaming from various sources and a NAS also connected to TV via HDMI.
    3. A fairly basic soundbar which is connected to the 3.5mm headset jack on the TV.

For late night viewing a bluetooth headset can be connected to the Mini PC but the combo box doesn't have a Bluetooth option.

What I'd like to know is if it would be possible to replace the soundbar with a new soundbar or speaker set up which would allow a bluetooth headset to connect to the soundbar/speakers (instead of the combo box or mini pc) and therefore facilitate content from both the mini PC and combo box to be listened to on a Bluetooth headset.

Does such a product exist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think the best compromise would be a BT transmitter.

Such as this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Wireless-High-Fidelity/dp/B00QUXM2FM

If you connect the soundbar and that in a Y splitter then you can just hit the off button on the bar when you want to use bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

ED E wrote: »

Such as this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Wireless-High-Fidelity/dp/B00QUXM2FM

If you connect the soundbar and that in a Y splitter then you can just hit the off button on the bar when you want to use bluetooth.

Thanks Ed, appreciate the info.

As I hadn't had a reply (prior to yours) I assumed the product didn't exist so I purchased this speakerboard in the Amazon Black Friday sale. I'm planning to connect it to my TV via digital optical cable as I understand that produces better sound than a 3.5mm audio cable will. Would that prevent me from being able to use the Bluetooth transmitter? Do you know if I could have sound out of the TV (and into the Speakerboard) via the optical cable whilst at the same time having the Bluetooth device connected to the 3.5mm port on the TV? Would the TV output sound to both at the same time thus allowing me to effectively do as you suggest i.e. just turn off the Speakerboard and listen on headphones via the bluetooth transmitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

ED E wrote: »

Such as this:

Ed, FYI I purchased this Bluetooth transmitter which has low latency technology built in and you can connect two headests to it at the same time.

It works a treat. I have the Bluetooth transmitter connected to the TV via the normal headset/aux port and the soundbar connected via the optical port. Both transmit sound at the same time so I can simply power off the soundbar and listen via a Bluetooth headset or I can have the soundbar on AND a headset in use if someone is very intent on hearing whats on and wants to block out all other background noise.

Super product. Thanks for introducing me to the concept of a Bluetooth transmitter.

Advertisement