Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss help/advice!

Options
  • 19-11-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right place to post but I'm really looking for help to lose weight. I'm a 21 year old male, 5'10 and weight roughly 16.5 stone. I'm one of those that starts to eat healthier/exercise more, put everything I have into it for a few weeks until I eat something bad out of convenience and then give up again. What's different this time is that I'm living abroad as a student and when I do get to see my family next summer, I want to look different and I have the determination this time because I'm fed up looking like I do.

My problems now are that since I'm a student, I'm a bit strapped for cash, although not majorly so but I don't have a weighing scale (which is why I can only describe myself as roughly 16 stone; what I was 8 weeks ago when I left home and not much has changed since)... kitchen facilities aren't the greatest (read as no oven). I'm not making excuses, just saying what I'm working with. I basically want to put it to you good people of boards what I should be focusing on, what I should be doing to start, the dos and don'ts. I don't know what kind of meal plan to follow, and since I'm a bit picky I really would rather put meals together myself from scratch but I really just don't know how to do that in a way that pertains to weight loss.

I can't join a gym here because I haven't the money, the confidence, or the know-how but am ready to try any exercise suggestions that anybody has. And finally, I apologise if this whole post smells of "I want to lose weight but don't want to put the work in"... that's not what I want, I'm more than willing to put the work in, this time I have a reason to stick to a plan, but I just need to know how to get started.

Many thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I think diet more than exercise is crucial. If you could learn to cook for yourself,eating lots of vegetables,reduce processed food and snacks,beer is also laden with calories. I know its hard when your young, abroad,at that stage in life. But it takes more processed food to fill us so reducing that and cooking more for yourself,long term ,is crucial. Drinking water before meals also means we feel full sooner. Try to cut down on alcohol also if possible.
    Regarding exercise, you don't need to join a gym,a pair of runners and a T-shirt doesn't cost much. Try to take up running or else walk a bit faster,you need speed to burn fat. Parkrun is a great social event for runners of all or no levels .Good luckðŸ˜႒

Advertisement