Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central licensing for Restricted Firearms

Options
  • 19-11-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Basically from what I can gather it's agreed at FCP level and the agreement is on the Ministers table waiting to be signed, when can we expect to see it in place? Anyone know any more?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I think i read about this.

Were they talking about a single Chief Super that will oversee this new body, and while they do the administration end the CS will do the actual granting/refusing, etc?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

So your local chief super won't have anything to do with it at all ?

Give me a little time and i'll try and find it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Here it is:
    Centralised Licensing

An Garda Síochána noted that the Commissioner has decided that there will be a single Chief Superintendent to decide on restricted firearm applications. As yet no decision has been taken as to which section within An Garda Síochána will be responsible but a decision is expected to be finalised in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

That's what I'm asking "The near future" I'm aware of it being on the Minsters table for a a while now,.. I'm thinking with the shotguns now being refused for the Embassy Cup, lever action rifles for Gallery and the odd CF pistol/revolver also being refused we could really do with this being in place, I know that I need this in my district, my Chief is a ball breaker to put it mildly, and to get some sort of level playing field would be great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed,be intresting alright and I sympathise with your very polite description of your Chief Super, Tackleberry.;)It's going to have to be someone who knows his stuff,because if he/she goes on a banning spree on restricted firearms,they are going to be travelling the land visiting DC's,or spending their time just issueing restricted liscenses... In a way this makes about as much sense as the current system.:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement