Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade mid contract

Options
  • 19-11-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I signed up to Eir in September to a home phone, broadband and TV bundle but for many reasons I'm very disappointed with the TV service.
    Is it possible to drop the TV part of the bundle and continue with the remaining components of the bundle or will I be penalised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

con71 wrote: »
    I signed up to Eir in September to a home phone, broadband and TV bundle but for many reasons I'm very disappointed with the TV service.
    Is it possible to drop the TV part of the bundle and continue with the remaining components of the bundle or will I be penalised?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]con71,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes an early cease charge would apply if you choose to cancel this service however if you have experienced issues I would recommend logging a formal complaint here & they will investigate this & get back you with a outcome.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭con71

Thanks Pamela.

Given that I am happy to continue with the broadband and possibly phone, how much would it cost me to drop the TV part of the bundle?

There isn't much point in logging a complaint. The issues I have are more to do with the usability of the service. It's a very clumsy interface and I miss the mini screen available in my old Sky service where I could continue to watch to while browsing the other channels and managing recordings etc. One of the bigger issues I noticed is that the series recording is not a service to be trusted. We have missed quite a few shows at this stage due to the system seeming to "forgets" to record a show. It also quite difficult to look ahead for the week to see what's on and the search feature is almost guaranteed to not find what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the rant but I think I'll go back to Sky, cap in hand and beg them to take me back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

con71 wrote: »
    Thanks Pamela.

Given that I am happy to continue with the broadband and possibly phone, how much would it cost me to drop the TV part of the bundle?

There isn't much point in logging a complaint. The issues I have are more to do with the usability of the service. It's a very clumsy interface and I miss the mini screen available in my old Sky service where I could continue to watch to while browsing the other channels and managing recordings etc. One of the bigger issues I noticed is that the series recording is not a service to be trusted. We have missed quite a few shows at this stage due to the system seeming to "forgets" to record a show. It also quite difficult to look ahead for the week to see what's on and the search feature is almost guaranteed to not find what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the rant but I think I'll go back to Sky, cap in hand and beg them to take me back :)
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number & I will check this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]con71?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustrations & we do appreciate all types of feedback.:) I'll pass this on to the eir Vision team. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement