Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bexsero Virus

Options
  • 19-11-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, new to boards so hope I'm doing this right! :)
    My Doctor gave me a leaflet about the bexsero virus at my little Ones 6month vaccination....he said it was up to us to decide what to do (to give or not to give) but he recommended that we do....I suppose as a first time mama I'm a little nervous as what to do....if any one has any pros or cons for me or if u decided for or against for your little person
    Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I'm assuming you are posting about the bexsero vaccine which protects against a bacteria which causes meningitis B

Yes if you want to decrease the risk of meningitis in your child you should get it. However you will probably have to pay for it if your child is 6 months. You need to look in to the costs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My son had it as part of his routine shots (we're in the UK). 2 doses at 2 and 4 months and the third one is after he's 1. I'll take any extra protection against something as nasty as meningitis that we're offered! It can cause fevers in quite a lot of babies but 3 2.5ml doses of Calpol 6 hours ish apart helps a lot.

Advertisement