Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible customer service

Options
  • 19-11-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm writing here to share the terrible customer service we have received from Eir in the past number of weeks. 

In early October my grandfather updated his contract with Eir and as part of this was sold a new mobile phone. The phone that the rep sold him over the phone was compleatly and totally unsuited to use by a person in their mid 80's, with a screen so small that someone half that age would have trouble reading the screen.

When this was discovered, he phoned Eir to get the phone replaced with a different more suitable model. They agreed and said they would send out a jiffy-bag in the post for him to return the phone and then they would send out the replacement phone.

This happened in early October (around the 10th) and still to date no jiffy-bag has arrived. My grandfather, as well as both my aunt and my mother have been on the phone numerous times to try and get a bag sent out to return the phone, only to be fobbed off and given quite frankly ridiculous responses. We've had reps hang up on us in the middle of the conversation, reps who have said they will go and find the right department to send the issue to who have then put us on hold for nearly an hour before the call was disconnected. We were given the quite frankly unacceptable excuse that bag hadn't been sent out because there was "an issue with Eir's supply of jiffy-bags." We offered to take the phone into an Eir store or office ourselves but were told these jiffy-bags were the only way a phone could be returned. We even offered to get our own jiffy-bag and were told that no it had to be one sent out by Eir. We even asked to speak to a supervisor and were immediately hung up on.

2 emails have been sent in complaint to Eir with no reply, and a letter was sent to Eir's complaint department as well with no reply.

Quite frankly the customer service that has been displayed (or lack thereof) has been a disgrace, having to spend hours of our time to get some special jiffy-bag so that the incompetence of the Eir rep who sold the phone in the first place could be rectified. At this point, as we have said in the emails and letter that have been ignored, we will have to ask Comreg to intervene if one of these jiffy-bags fails to appear within the next few days. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kronnn wrote: »
    I'm writing here to share the terrible customer service we have received from Eir in the past number of weeks. 

In early October my grandfather updated his contract with Eir and as part of this was sold a new mobile phone. The phone that the rep sold him over the phone was compleatly and totally unsuited to use by a person in their mid 80's, with a screen so small that someone half that age would have trouble reading the screen.

When this was discovered, he phoned Eir to get the phone replaced with a different more suitable model. They agreed and said they would send out a jiffy-bag in the post for him to return the phone and then they would send out the replacement phone.

This happened in early October (around the 10th) and still to date no jiffy-bag has arrived. My grandfather, as well as both my aunt and my mother have been on the phone numerous times to try and get a bag sent out to return the phone, only to be fobbed off and given quite frankly ridiculous responses. We've had reps hang up on us in the middle of the conversation, reps who have said they will go and find the right department to send the issue to who have then put us on hold for nearly an hour before the call was disconnected. We were given the quite frankly unacceptable excuse that bag hadn't been sent out because there was "an issue with Eir's supply of jiffy-bags." We offered to take the phone into an Eir store or office ourselves but were told these jiffy-bags were the only way a phone could be returned. We even offered to get our own jiffy-bag and were told that no it had to be one sent out by Eir. We even asked to speak to a supervisor and were immediately hung up on.

2 emails have been sent in complaint to Eir with no reply, and a letter was sent to Eir's complaint department as well with no reply.

Quite frankly the customer service that has been displayed (or lack thereof) has been a disgrace, having to spend hours of our time to get some special jiffy-bag so that the incompetence of the Eir rep who sold the phone in the first place could be rectified. At this point, as we have said in the emails and letter that have been ignored, we will have to ask Comreg to intervene if one of these jiffy-bags fails to appear within the next few days. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kronnn,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of this experience.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you a point of contact on your grandfather's account? I'm afraid I cannot access the account on your behalf from here unless you are a registered contact.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are please do PM me the account number & your name & I will follow up on this from here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kronnn,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of this experience.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you a point of contact on your grandfather's account? I'm afraid I cannot access the account on your behalf from here unless you are a registered contact.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are please do PM me the account number & your name & I will follow up on this from here.[/font]

No but my mother is, though that hasn't done us a lick of good so far. Can you at least tell me if eir has been "having an issue with their jiffy-bag supply" because that excuse just reeks of being fobbed off.

No but my mother is, though that hasn't done us a lick of good so far. Can you at least tell me if eir has been "having an issue with their jiffy-bag supply" because that excuse just reeks of being fobbed off.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this & at the minute there isn't as I have been advised jiffy bags have been issued today for customers[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kronnn.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you can get your grandfather to call in & register you as a point of contact on the account I would be more than happy to follow up on this for you from here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this & at the minute there isn't as I have been advised jiffy bags have been issued today for customers[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kronnn.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you can get your grandfather to call in & register you as a point of contact on the account I would be more than happy to follow up on this for you from here.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, Ill have a go but sadly I don't think he's in a rush to rin up again any time soon.

Thanks Pamela, Ill have a go but sadly I don't think he's in a rush to rin up again any time soon.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand that [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kronnn,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]once you are registered as a point of contact I can assist you from here if you wish.[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement