Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Questions

Options
  • 19-11-2016 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

We are considering moving to Canada in the next 18 months. I have a few quick questions that hopefully some people can help with. We moved to New Zealand 4 years ago so I am familiarish with visas etc but I got my visa sorted by a visa company, paid for by my company so I was not too involved in the process. NZ is just too far away from home so we want to try somewhere a bit closer.
    Do prospective employers offer this as part of a job offer like NZ or Australian companies do or is the Canadian system different?
    We have 4 kids and both me and my 16 year old son have Type 1 diabetes so I am not sure if we should use a visa company to try to sort things out to help with any complications that may arise. Has anybody any experience on applying/moving with a diabetic?
    My job title is also different here and at home to what it is in Canada. I am a fire engineer here but I think a code consultant in Canada so I am unsure of any issues that this may bring with it. Anybody any experience with this?

Do Canadian employers offer relocation assistance or are there more people than jobs and it is a case of be happy you got a job?

Advertisement