Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Deals in Foreign Regions (See mod note in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Hi, I want to buy Lego Jurassic World for the kids. It's €49.99 looking it up on the irish store but on the us store it is €19.99, big difference. If I buy it on the US store will the DLC work on the Xbox or do I have to do something. 
    Can someone PM me please with any helpful information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I have read before on Reddit that DLC is region free, so you should be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

I was thinking that myself and I went to buy as a gift but it then said "Your gift will be sent as a digital code that your recipient can redeem in United States only"
    Just don't want to be left with a useless code .....

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I think if it's gifted it won't work. You'd have a heap of people capitalising by buying codes as gifts and profiting by selling them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Picked up 1 year EA Access for only €11.92 from xbox.com via Turkey VPN. Revolut card worked too.

https://www.xbox-now.com/en/ea-access-comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Picked up 1 year EA Access for only €11.92 from xbox.com via Turkey VPN. Revolut card worked too.

https://www.xbox-now.com/en/ea-access-comparison

Only got it for my sons this morning. Game pass as well for half price on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I picked up Forza 7 for €22 on the Brazilian market. It's available for €12 on the Turkish site but my VPN provider doesn't have a server there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

d31b0y wrote: »
    I picked up Forza 7 for €22 on the Brazilian market. It's available for €12 on the Turkish site but my VPN provider doesn't have a server there.
    Do you know if you can use Revolut or are they both buy Xbox live credit jobbies?

I used Revolut. I'll PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

What regions are ye guys using these days?

Far as I'm aware, you now need to have a card that is registered in the country that you are buying from. Happy to be corrected though.

d31b0y wrote:
    Far as I'm aware, you now need to have a card that is registered in the country that you are buying from. Happy to be corrected though.

Yup, so the best regions are gone for now such as Argentina.

You can still buy from markets that you can source gift cards for tho.

Or places such as Hong Kong you can set up a Hong Kong PayPal account.

Vampyr around sub €12 from Turkey store

Apparently (according to Xbox store checker) it's now possible to use your Revolut on foreign stores but didn't work for me in Argentina.

sweetie wrote:
    Apparently (according to Xbox store checker) it's now possible to use your Revolut on foreign stores but didn't work for me in Argentina.

The guide says virtual MasterCard but Revolut only gives me the option for virtual visa...

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    The guide says virtual MasterCard but Revolut only gives me the option for virtual visa...

Ah so that's why.

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Just switched my address in revolut to my parcel motel address and now have MasterCard virtual :)

Just bought Far Cry 5 for 5 euro. Oh how I missed you my Argentinian beauty.

Edit: and Watch dogs 2 for e2.86
    (Down the wormhole I go)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Is it chat that need to be contacted to change Revolut address?

• Advertisement

Is it chat that need to be contacted to change Revolut address?

No. On my Android version of the app it's bottom right corner, click More>Profile>Personal Details>Address

Still can't get it working  despite getting the vitual MasterCard!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No. On my Android version of the app it's bottom right corner, click More>Profile>Personal Details>Address

Ah my address is verified so I think that's why I can't change it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just switched my address in revolut to my parcel motel address and now have MasterCard virtual :)
    Which address? The Newtown abbey one or the Dublin one?

Which address? The Newtown abbey one or the Dublin one?

Yeah, the north

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nice one, just grabbed far cry there, now to pick between which version of division 2 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Miskky you absolute hero. You taught me how to do this 3 years ago. It's how I got onto Revolut in the first place. Far Cry 5 for €5.02!

Miskky you absolute hero. You taught me how to do this 3 years ago. It's how I got onto Revolut in the first place. Far Cry 5 for €5.02!

Sweetie and Xbox Store Checker are the heroes in this case for bringing the new route to our attention :D

Nice one, just grabbed far cry there, now to pick between which version of division 2 .....

Was also tempted by the Division 2 but still torn between PC or Xbox...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was also tempted by the Division 2 but still torn between PC or Xbox...

I'm the same. Played the Betas on both. Aiming is a little more accurate on PC but played well on both.

Advertisement