Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Deals in Foreign Regions (See mod note in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    are the heroes in this case for bringing the new route to our attention

And still not able to benefit! I've got the virtual MasterCard sorted but getting 'payment can't be processed' despite it taking 72c from my Revolut each time I try. Have tried a few virtual cards and addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm not using a virtual card. My revolut MasterCard worked fine. No VPN. Did it in incognito mode but not sure if it's even needed.

I didn't even have to bother looking up the address of some hotel in Buenos Aires when adding the card as (perhaps worryingly) there was already one saved in Chrome from the last time I was able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Was also tempted by the Division 2 but still torn between PC or Xbox...

I'm a console only peasant so my choice is between with season pass or without! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Division 2 Gold for the princely sum of €35, don't mind if i do.

Sweetie & Misky, you'll be remembered in my will.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

This seems to be account specific to see if it works or not. My account wouldn't work but I used my dads Live profile and worked no problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

amadablam wrote: »
    Guys for the revolut mastercard, do you need to add funds in Argentinian RS? (Ars :) )

Going to go shopping :)

It will debit any funds you have. Took my GBP balance first then Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

It will debit any funds you have. Took my GBP balance first then Euro

Cheers man. Just bought assassins creed oddessey gold edition for €11 :D

Edit: Division 2 Ultimate bought and Farcry 5 is back on the hard drive :D

Metro Exodus Gold Edition for 16 was another bargain

Exciting times..... Again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

sweetie wrote: »
    And still not able to benefit! I've got the virtual MasterCard sorted but getting 'payment can't be processed' despite it taking 72c from my Revolut each time I try. Have tried a few virtual cards and addresses.

It's exactly the same for me, not being able to use it will probably save me money because I would end up buying loads of games I'll probably never play just because they are so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

dor83 wrote: »
    It's exactly the same for me, not being able to use it will probably save me money because I would end up buying loads of games I'll probably never play just because they are so cheap.

I like the use of the word 'Probably' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

AC: Odyssey for €11, yes please. Also got Div 2 Gold.

My sharing buddy got Far Cry 5 and Dirt Rally as well so that's four games I'll never get around to playing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I can’t get it to work. Have the Virtual Mastercard on Revolut. Used my Parcel Motel address. I used an address for Argentina on live.com and when I click the link on Xbox store checker to buy a game, I add the card and proceed to purchase and I get the message to contact support and I’ve got charged 72 cent each of the three times I’ve tried. There is funds on the card so I’ve no idea what I’m doing wrong. I tried without a vpn and also with Nord VPN.

tony1980 wrote:
    I can’t get it to work. Have the Virtual Mastercard on Revolut. Used my Parcel Motel address. I used an address for Argentina on live.com and when I click the link on Xbox store checker to buy a game, I add the card and proceed to purchase and I get the message to contact support and I’ve got charged 72 cent each of the three times I’ve tried. There is funds on the card so I’ve no idea what I’m doing wrong. I tried without a vpn and also with Nord VPN.

Same here. I even created a new profile and nada. This happened before with turkey and after a few days it worked. Hopefully they haven't blocked it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Same here. I even created a new profile and nada. This happened before with turkey and after a few days it worked. Hopefully they haven't blocked it by then.

Maybe the newly created Mastercard takes time to validate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Maybe the newly created Mastercard takes time to validate.

Nah, I used mine instantly after creating it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok so I went into my profile and changed it to my PARCELMOTEL address then created a new card, a 2nd one to the current one I have, it did say Visa but when I clicked to confirm it, it was a Mastercard.
    Works like a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Tried it twice, got charged 72 cents as well. I followed the instructions to the letter, but to no avail :confused:

Worked for me.

3 games purchased after creating a new virtual mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Are you using an Argentinean address when asked? Also, are you charged extra for the transaction?
    I might let a few days pass since I just created the virtual mastercard, but not sure that's where the problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

m4r10 wrote: »
    Are you using an Argentinean address when asked? Also, are you charged extra for the transaction?
    I might let a few days pass since I just created the virtual mastercard, but not sure that's where the problem lies.

Argentinian address as the billing address when registering the card with Microsoft Argentina site.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

amadablam wrote: »
    Cheers man. Just bought assassins creed oddessey gold edition for €11 :D

Edit: Division 2 Ultimate bought and Farcry 5 is back on the hard drive :D

Metro Exodus Gold Edition for 16 was another bargain

Exciting times..... Again :D

What the flip!?! I need this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I thought that might be my issue as well. I only opened a revolut account yesterday. I also transferred funds yesterday as well, so maybe this is an EFT thing and the cash isn't actually there in Revolut yet?

druss wrote: »
    I thought that might be my issue as well. I only opened a revolut account yesterday. I also transferred funds yesterday as well, so maybe this is an EFT thing and the cash isn't actually there in Revolut yet?

No, it's just not working for some people (yet) unfortunately. I've a feeling, there's some random security thing that will be done in a few days. Same happened with some credit I applied to turkey store, couldnt spend if for a few days and then it was fine.

Yes, address in Argentina and no extra charges for transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

so jumped on here and set up a Revolut account. added the parcel motel address. it is asking me for proof of identify to show I am from the UK. what do I need to do?

gmg678 wrote: »
    so jumped on here and set up a Revolut account. added the parcel motel address. it is asking me for proof of identify to show I am from the UK. what do I need to do?

I'd guess set your address to Ireland and then verify your identify and when thats done switch the account address to the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd guess set your address to Ireland and then verify your identify and when thats done switch the account address to the U.K.

I'm imagining some lad in the revolut office, raising his eyebrows at the sudden influx of 'refugees' to Co. Antrim, and their somewhat unknown relationship to an apartment in Buenos Aires.

The first game I bought went through no problem, the second one triggered a security warning with Revolut, but that was easily sorted.

I'm imagining some lad in the revolut office, raising his eyebrows at the sudden influx of 'refugees' to Co. Antrim, and their somewhat unknown relationship to an apartment in Buenos Aires.
    Pfttt, apartment. I am staying in an imaginary 6 star hotel.

tumblr_inline_ovx1sac3q21tbjuuw_540.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Pfttt, apartment. I am staying in an imaginary 6 star hotel.

tumblr_inline_ovx1sac3q21tbjuuw_540.gif

I’m in the same hotel but they obviously hate me...lol

tony1980 wrote: »
    I’m in the same hotel but they obviously hate me...lol
    Hmm,no. I see yours across the street. It's lovely though :o

hotel-qube.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

druss wrote: »
    No, it's just not working for some people (yet) unfortunately. I've a feeling, there's some random security thing that will be done in a few days. Same happened with some credit I applied to turkey store, couldnt spend if for a few days and then it was fine.

Mine went through now. And I see that my local bank account was only debited a few hours ago. Happy days!

Advertisement