Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Deals in Foreign Regions (See mod note in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pfttt, apartment. I am staying in an imaginary 6 star hotel.

tumblr_inline_ovx1sac3q21tbjuuw_540.gif

What are you in about, sure we're all just going on or holidays FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Hmm,no. I see yours across the street. It's lovely though :o

hotel-qube.jpg

Considering these things never work for me, you better never leave me Failsafe or I’ll have feck all games...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

What determines whether you get a Visa or Mastercard on revolut?? Luck of the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

erkifino wrote:
    What determines whether you get a Visa or Mastercard on revolut?? Luck of the draw?

Ireland v uk address in Revolut app

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

I'd guess set your address to Ireland and then verify your identify and when thats done switch the account address to the U.K.

So i set it up trying the uk address at the start put in my passport as proof. Wouldn't complete. Chatted to support and they switched it back to ireland. That's great. Tried switching it back to uk. And it's locked out again. Any ideas why this is happening?

• Advertisement

gmg678 wrote: »
    So i set it up trying the uk address at the start put in my passport as proof. Wouldn't complete. Chatted to support and they switched it back to ireland. That's great. Tried switching it back to uk. And it's locked out again. Any ideas why this is happening?

Are you on IOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

tony1980 wrote: »
    Are you on IOS?

No Android.

gmg678 wrote: »
    No Android.

Ah ok, was just wondering as it wouldn’t let me on IOS but it would on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I've got a mastercard with revolut but I've never had a UK address with them. They must have granted mastercard way back at the start.
    In any case, my mastercard is not working. Same as others here, get charged a small fee (63c) but then get an error. Are we thinking it's an MS issue or a revolut card issue?
    I'm going to try with my brothers MS account and see if it makes a difference.
    I'll then test with his revolut account and see what happens.

EDIT: I also tried to change my address in Revolut and the account got locked. Had to get support to unlock the account and change back my address.

EDIT2: Has anyone tried the N26 card yet? I think it's mastercard. I'm signing up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

d31b0y wrote:
    I've got a mastercard with revolut but I've never had a UK address with them. They must have granted mastercard way back at the start. In any case, my mastercard is not working. Same as others here, get charged a small fee (63c) but then get an error. Are we thinking it's an MS issue or a revolut card issue?

It has to be a new VIRTUAL MasterCard on Revolut. A physical one you received before won't work.

• Advertisement

I guess I need to try change my account address again...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It has to be a new VIRTUAL MasterCard on Revolut. A physical one you received before won't work.

My new physical MasterCard that I got a few months ago works perfectly. I'm based in Spain, so perhaps connected to that but it's absolutely the physical card.

My new physical MasterCard that I got a few months ago works perfectly. I'm based in Spain, so perhaps connected to that but it's absolutely the physical card.
    Interesting. My physical MasterCard doesn't work.
    d31b0y wrote: »
    I guess I need to try change my account address again...

Did you manage to get it working with virtual?

I haven't tried changing my address again. It caused my account to be blocked first time and I'm not looking forward to setting off any more warning flags.
    I'm going to try with N26 first then I'll get my brother to change and see what happens.

Xbox Store Checker just posted on their Facebook page that Microsoft have now blocked the new route :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox Store Checker just posted on their Facebook page that Microsoft have now blocked the new route :(

Twas great while it lasted, got pretty much everything I wanted and we snagged the preorder for Division 2 which was a great get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can we hold a moment's silence for the great Argentinian game rush, March 2019....

Can we hold a moment's silence for the great Argentinian game rush, March 2019....

No. No we can't . Me and my stupid revolut visa do not approve.

FFS, I assumed this was a change of Microsoft policy and didn't get the division as I didn't want to be stupid and rush into everything having bought far cry and watch dogs 2. Told myself to restrain myself.

Lesson learned: never restrain yourself.

In saying that, I still have about 6 games that I bought before they shut it down in 2016 that I haven't clicked into once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FFS, I assumed this was a change of Microsoft policy and didn't get the division as I didn't want to be stupid and rush into everything having bought far cry and watch dogs 2. Told myself to restrain myself.

In saying that, I still have about 6 games that I bought before they shut it down in 2016 that I haven't clicked into once.

There's no need to save for for a rainy day, buy your umbrellas while they're cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

You havent done your user name justice with so much calculated decision making :pac::pac:

amadablam wrote: »
    You havent done your user name justice with so much calculated decision making :pac::pac:

I bought watch dogs 2 FFS!

The first one was one of the ones I bought via this method. I reckon I played it for about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Buying a currency card and switching region the only way to do it now?

Xbox Live Gold 6 months is showing as just e6.99 in Portugal right now. Won't work for me as it says I have an active gold sub in a different country already but should work if your gold has expired or if you do it on a new profile.

the argentinian store is back, just bought metro exodus on my revolut visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

sweetie wrote: »
    the argentinian store is back, just bought metro exodus on my revolut visa

Thanks, just bought a few games myself and it didn't work for me last time it when others were doing it. Red Dead 2 is on offer in Argentina at the moment too, got the special edition for €23 as I figured the extras would be worth a couple of euro.

Beautiful. This could be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Brilliant, picked up Far Cry 5 for a tenner!
    Thanks for the tip!

Tis patched again, hope everyone benefited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

sweetie wrote: »
    Tis patched again, hope everyone benefited

Yeah tried it this morning but they were on the ball this time and patched it fast.

I think I saved around 240 last time so found it hard to find anything to even buy......... Bargains are impossible to resist :o:o:o

Advertisement