Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for the man who has everything

Options
  • 20-11-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have some suggestions on what to get my boyfriend for Christmas? I'm all out of ideas, between Christmasses and birthdays I've gotten him everything decent I can think of already.
    I had been planning on booking us a city break but we booked a last minute trip to the US for March and we're moving in together in January, so another trip is out of the question.

On previous occasions I've gotten him:
    Designer wallet
    iPhone
    Tablet
    Watch
    City break

He isn't into reading so a kindle/books are out and I recently bought him aftershave as treat so nothing like that either.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions of gifts they got their boyfriend husband to give me inspiration? I feel totally lost and to top it off he always gets me fantastic gifts so I want to return the favour!
    I'd happily spend around €300 if it was something I thought he'd love.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Can't vouch for HERE in particular but how about an adventurous day out diving, archery or clay pigeon shooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Have a look on Ticketmaster and see if there are any shows coming up that he might like maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Almost all men like tee-shirts. What tee-shirt does he wear for, e.g. sports or relaxing? Get him a very good one of those with an apt slogan.
    If not tee-shirts, a nice "real" shirt or a designer dress shirt. Cufflinks? Can't have too many! Gold, silver, even diamond...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How old is he? I'm in my early 30s and I think I'm probably quite tricky to buy for as if I want something, I usually just buy it for myself! But a couple of ideas:
    - a Fitbit
    - if he runs, you could get him a gps running watch
    - a track day in Mondello
    - a PS4/Xbox One
    - does he follow any sports? Maybe tickets to an away match (if you could get tickets for an away match in Ireland you could do it as a day trip as you don't want another trip away)
    - cufflinks
    - a Bluetooth kit for his car (if he doesn't have one)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I second the Fitbit idea. I love mine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Loughc wrote: »
    I second the Fitbit idea. I love mine!

I got one as a present last year. Thought it was a great present when I got it, but hadn't actually thought of getting one up to that point. I love it though and think it's a great piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I got this as a present. It's great fun to be able to drive a car hard safely.

http://stuntdriveireland.ie/packages/full-day-adrenaline-stunt-driving-course/

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Would anyone have some suggestions on what to get my boyfriend for Christmas? I'm all out of ideas, between Christmasses and birthdays I've gotten him everything decent I can think of already.
    I had been planning on booking us a city break but we booked a last minute trip to the US for March and we're moving in together in January, so another trip is out of the question.

On previous occasions I've gotten him:
    Designer wallet
    iPhone
    Tablet
    Watch
    City break

He isn't into reading so a kindle/books are out and I recently bought him aftershave as treat so nothing like that either.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions of gifts they got their boyfriend husband to give me inspiration? I feel totally lost and to top it off he always gets me fantastic gifts so I want to return the favour!
    I'd happily spend around €300 if it was something I thought he'd love.

Thanks in advance :)

What about a flying lesson? Or, if all else fails, you could always fall back on a nice sweater or something from M&S....Or, what about a box set of some series he might enjoy? Finally, has he a particular hobby or interest - even if he doesn't read much he might enjoy a year's subscription to a mag/journal relating to his hobby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

If he's into music what about a Sonos Play 1 music system. Good price on Amazon at the moment £140.

Advertisement