Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange fruit thats growing

Options
  • 20-11-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Yellow/orange. Very hard. Pips like an apple inside. See pics. Antone know what they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No pics but they are most probably quinces. You can make quince jelly from them, but thats about all.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Almost certainly quince (japonica) - not the true quince that grows on trees as far as I know - but they have a lovely colour, a nice spicy smell and as looksee says they do make a lovely, slightly bitter, jelly.

kylie123 wrote: »
    Yellow/orange. Very hard. Pips like an apple inside. See pics. Antone know what they are.

Pics

• Advertisement

kylie123 wrote: »

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I don't think you can post pics until your post count is higher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

( unlikely but anyway ) Beach apple , bit poisonous :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1127797/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

lottpaul wrote: »
    Almost certainly quince (chaenomeles japonica) - not the true quince that grows on trees as far as I know - but they have a lovely colour, a nice spicy smell and as looksee says they do make a lovely, slightly bitter, jelly.
    Fixed that for you😉😉😉

Advertisement