Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in the City Centre tonight

Options
  • 20-11-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for help planning an impromptu evening with an old friend in town for the night. Two blokes meeting up for decent food (he's a chef with his own restaurant so I'm looking for "interesting" options) and a few (a good few) beers afterwards. No work tomorrow (there has to be some benefits to being self employed!!) so we'll probably want to try out a few bars as we're both into good beer.

I'm late 40's and he's late 50's so nothing too adventurous!!!

Suggestions for where to eat (what's open that won't need a reservation?) and drink afterwards?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Somewhere like Whitefriar Grill might be an option, food is decent and it's close to a shed load of pubs. Etto is another with the Baggot St bars and O'Donoghues close by.

I'm assuming they're open on Sunday. I'd call wherever you're thinking of going in advance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Somewhere like Whitefriar Grill might be an option, food is decent and it's close to a shed load of pubs. Etto is another with the Baggot St bars and O'Donoghues close by.

I'm assuming they're open on Sunday. I'd call wherever you're thinking of going in advance anyway.

Etto is a great suggestion. Had a meal there about 18 months ago and loved it. Really good food and a nice vibe.

Sugar, just checked and its closed Sundays. :mad:

Whitefriar Grill looks interesting and lots of good pubs around there. Pitt Bros isn't too far away either which might be a back up option and something different if he fancies a quick/casual bite.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Personally, I think Pitt Brothers is awful. I was going to suggest Etto too, too bad it's closed Sundays!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Sitting in the Whitefriar Grill. Good choice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sitting in the Whitefriar Grill. Good choice. Thanks.

Haha glad I could help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement