Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Options
  • 20-11-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My wife and I have been offered jobs in Jeddah starting next August and I was hoping to connect with people who live, or recently lived, there. We have a week or two to decide on the job offer.

Any advice on the city, culture, compound living, things to be especially mindful of etc. would be greatly appreciated! We have a 1 month old baby, too.

Also, I'd love to play some GAA while I'm there. I know Riyadh has a GAA club - anything happening on that front in Jeddah?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Basically prison.

Then they have to be considered as some of best prisons in the world.

You can transport alcohol anywhere you want, but just don't get caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Hi folks,

My wife and I have been offered jobs in Jeddah starting next August and I was hoping to connect with people who live, or recently lived, there. We have a week or two to decide on the job offer.

Any advice on the city, culture, compound living, things to be especially mindful of etc. would be greatly appreciated! We have a 1 month old baby, too.

Also, I'd love to play some GAA while I'm there. I know Riyadh has a GAA club - anything happening on that front in Jeddah?

Cheers!

I worked there for three years in 86 and was there again short term in 15. Previous time I liked it and think you will find what you want there. You should contact the UK Consulate for weekend 'offerings'. If you do go there buy and chicken and rice on the street - bukhari rice I think - amazing taste notwithstanding the low cost. Also shawerma

Advertisement