Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon coach Dublin

Options
  • 20-11-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a freelance triathlon coach in Dublin? I've feel I've got as far as I can self coached. Mostly interested in improving bike and run. I'm a pretty good swimmer (top 10%) but then end up losing places in bike and especially run finishing last year in and around 30th percentile last year. Primarily do sprints and couple of Olympic and may be one middle distance if I've time/energy/money! I'm not a member of a club primarily as I like doing my own thing. Looking to get some tips and training plans. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

You could start here. I wouldn't limit yourself to Dublin though. Plenty of coaches along the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I think you need to decide what you expect from a coach. Are you looking for one to one sessions with a coach, a training plan sent weekly with quick feedback or a monthly plan you follow. Different people want different things. Then would be to look at cost, one to one sessions would be more expensive than a monthly plan or a 12 week plan leading to a race. To be honest your budget will quickly rule in or out a lot of coaches and depending on what your looking for you might not need to limit yourself to Ireland at all, online coaching is big (expensive) business now. From my experience you are looking at at least 80 euro a month, with the majority over 100 euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hmayo

joey100 wrote: »
    I think you need to decide what you expect from a coach. Are you looking for one to one sessions with a coach, a training plan sent weekly with quick feedback or a monthly plan you follow. Different people want different things. Then would be to look at cost, one to one sessions would be more expensive than a monthly plan or a 12 week plan leading to a race. To be honest your budget will quickly rule in or out a lot of coaches and depending on what your looking for you might not need to limit yourself to Ireland at all, online coaching is big (expensive) business now. From my experience you are looking at at least 80 euro a month, with the majority over 100 euro a month.

Thanks - I guess I do need to decide but considering I've never had a coach I guess I don't know yet. Training plans or advice on what kind of training I should be doing. I don't necessarily need technical advice, although if I can get it I'll take it. Thanks for info re cost that will definitely be a consideration. I had a heard those price ranges mentioned before. If all else fails I'll keep to myself as I've been doing so far, reading what I can and picking up advice here and there. I will probably never podium but I can live with that. I'd just like to improve and be happy I'm doing a little better each race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Off the top of my head some of the coaches around

ascent coaching

Pb3 coaching

Primed coaching

Dig deep coaching

A1 coaching

Peak endurance coaching

Et sports

I have no connection with any of these, have gone to some swim coaching with pb3 and found Peter good. Have a look at what they offer, see which suits best and matches what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

tri-monkey coaching - excellent, and an actual tri coach rather than the "i did it for a few years and want to pay for some new wheels"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 davmurpla

Hmayo wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a freelance triathlon coach in Dublin? I've feel I've got as far as I can self coached. Mostly interested in improving bike and run. I'm a pretty good swimmer (top 10%) but then end up losing places in bike and especially run finishing last year in and around 30th percentile last year. Primarily do sprints and couple of Olympic and may be one middle distance if I've time/energy/money! I'm not a member of a club primarily as I like doing my own thing. Looking to get some tips and training plans. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks.

Another thumb up for Pb3 coaching.

;)
    Coach Gordo

Advertisement