Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey box outside the house

Options
  • 20-11-2016 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought a house and curious as to what this box is in the front garden. The bigger one to the left doesn't bother me but the smaller grey one is smack bang in front of the house. I know its only aesthetics but this is our forever house and I'd be curious about costs as to moving it (if even possible).

Mods The other box is marked electrical so I'm kinda assuming this one is too but obviously please move the thread if anyone can identify it as something else!!

Comments

Not sure if its suitable, but might be handier to just cover it with a fence or bush or such. But something you can take down should the need arise.

No idea what it is, though, unfortunately. Does seem an awkward location for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Big one is ESB mini pillar to supply the houses, the small one is a micro pillar, supplying the streetlights. Most likely the small one is owned by the council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Big one is ESB mini pillar to supply the houses, the small one is a micro pillar, supplying the streetlights. Most likely the small one is owned by the council

Ah ok, street lights it is then thanks. The big one I don't mind. Its between the houses, its just the little one. I've nearly tripped over it a few times. The estate is still in developer hands so not the council I'm betting.

Is it even possible to move those things? I'm guessing its probably astronomically expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

It's a micro pillar for the public lighting. And no it can't be moved. The location of these are down to the developers and architects as the appear on the electrical drawing for the site layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ah ok, street lights it is then thanks. The estate is still in developer hands so not the council I'm betting.

Is it even possible to move those things? I'm guessing its probably astronomically expensive

You pay enough and they might move it.. Civil works and electrical work involved.. No idea of costs tho.

• Advertisement

Luckysasha wrote: »
    It's a micro pillar for the public lighting. And no it can't be moved. The location of these are down to the developers and architects as the appear on the electrical drawing for the site layout.

Oh thats a bummer. I mean it wouldn't have been a deal breaker on buying the house but it would have been nice to have the possibility of moving it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Oh thats a bummer. I mean it wouldn't have been a deal breaker on buying the house but it would have been nice to have the possibility of moving it
    Just plant a hedge

ted1 wrote: »
    Just plant a hedge

If it could be moved there was the potential of converting the front garden for an off street electric car park space. Hedge/wall it will have to be

Advertisement