Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem dead

Options
  • 21-11-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how long it will take to get a replacement or what is the process involved.

Saturday morning, turned on the PC, no internet connection, (not unusual as have been having constant problems with it dropping), turned off the modem and when I switched it back on...........nothing. Dead as a DODO, logged a fault with eir and got this response:

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for submitting your fault.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]One of our Faults Team will be assigned to your case and will contact you if required.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]You can track your fault once your details have been processed by calling 1901 and selecting option 2.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]and nothing since. Will I get a replacement modem sent out to me and if so how long can I expect to have to wait ?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Internet connection is constantly dropping even though we had an engineer out to 'fix it' and we are still having the same problems, was wondering if maybe the modem/router was the issue all along now.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eamonnq wrote: »
    Just wondering how long it will take to get a replacement or what is the process involved.

Saturday morning, turned on the PC, no internet connection, (not unusual as have been having constant problems with it dropping), turned off the modem and when I switched it back on...........nothing. Dead as a DODO, logged a fault with eir and got this response:

[font=arial, sans-serif]One of our Faults Team will be assigned to your case and will contact you if required.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]You can track your fault once your details have been processed by calling 1901 and selecting option 2.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]and nothing since. Will I get a replacement modem sent out to me and if so how long can I expect to have to wait ?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Internet connection is constantly dropping even though we had an engineer out to 'fix it' and we are still having the same problems, was wondering if maybe the modem/router was the issue all along now.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]eamonnq,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I would recommend contacting the faults team directly & they will arrange to have the modem issued immediately. You can contact them on 1890260260, Freephone 1901 option 2 or via the web chat here. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

eamonnq wrote: »

How weird, the exact same thing happened to mine only an hour ago!
    We were having issues lately with lag and buffering, then today the modem just stopped working, switched it off and on again and it came back, went again 15mins later and is dead since, no lights, won't power on.

I've been onto Eir support and they are sending out a new modem.
    This one is only 8mths old, how old was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Cherrycola wrote: »

How weird, the exact same thing happened to mine only an hour ago!
    We were having issues lately with lag and buffering, then today the modem just stopped working, switched it off and on again and it came back, went again 15mins later and is dead since, no lights, won't power on.

I've been onto Eir support and they are sending out a new modem.
    This one is only 8mths old, how old was yours?
    about 6 months old, assume the switch in it is just gone, but it did not get much use as it was usually just left on.

Saw a thread on their forum and someone else appears to have similar experience.

https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/modem-not-working-286710

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Yeah ours was always left on too, rarely used the on/off switch.

Advertisement