Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost effective monitored home alarm

Options
  • 21-11-2016 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I want to get a home alarm that is monitored.
    Cost is an issue - it is very much a deterrent and a comfort blanket. I do not live in a high risk area.
    I have a quote from Phonewatch (just doors and motion sensors???) of 650 + 40 a month.
    Anyone have any other recommendations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd recommend any other system.
    €650 installation charge for less than an hours labour for a system you do not even own?
    €40 a month is a bit OTT as well.
    Read over some of the posts in this forum for lots more issues with this system..
    Get 3 licenced installers out to do a professional survey & do you out a proper system design proposal. The ammount of good , free information this will give you will be invaluable to you in making a good decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

chriski wrote: »
    I want to get a home alarm that is monitored.
    Cost is an issue - it is very much a deterrent and a comfort blanket. I do not live in a high risk area.
    I have a quote from Phonewatch (just doors and motion sensors???) of 650 + 40 a month.
    Anyone have any other recommendations?
    Thanks

If you were getting a new car, would you pay € 650 for a rep to drive it out of the showroom?
    Pay the most that you can for your car finance every month, to which you will never actually own.
    Find it acceptable that only that garage and that one alone is the only one that can fix that car, not even your buddy down the road who has been in business longer than this garage can go near it.
    That you can only put fuel in it from that garages filling station, does not matter that the one down the road from it is cheaper.

Advertisement